Security and Safety Officer (For Philippines Nationals Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Security & Safety Officer (SSO) advises and supports the ICRC delegation management on potential risks to ICRC and ensures, together with management, the proper functioning of the ICRC Philippines national security management system. S/he also supports the war weapon contamination (WeC) program in Mindanao. S/he reports to the head of operations with advisory from Bangkok based security and WeC advisors. S/he liaises closely with HR as well for security, safety and WeC training for all staff. S/he is an essential part of the PH SSRM (security and safety risk management) cell. S/he also covers the security management of the MSSC in Manila.
- Contributes to the development of security rules and relevant security, safety and crisis management protocols and ensures periodic reviews and compliance.
- Prepares written briefings or welcome packages on security and safety for all new delegates/staff/families/visitors in the Philippines and oversees the quarterly updating of the Welcome file (Security and Safety section).**
- Develops monitoring tools for security-related issues (incidents, passive security measures, car movements, etc.) and ensures all incidents (including near misses) are reported timely in the databases, using the ICRC incident reporting format, on quarterly basis.
- Participates in the weekly delegation security/safety meetings and provides analysis on developments and potential safety impacts on ICRC staff & assets.
- The SSO supports 4 security focal points in Mindanao (DAV, ZAM, COT, ILI) at peer level.
- Pro-actively develops and manages the Mindanao weapon contamination program.
- Performs data collection duties, including setting up devices, creates forms on Device Magic or other applications, uploads collected data, and adheres to data protection measures.
- Ensures that data collection in the Philippines is harmonized with the ICRC WeC guidelines on data and information management (in terms of tools and templates used, data protection measures, data sharing instructions etc.)
- Organizes regular meetings to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information
- Coordinates and supports all employees in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- University degree in a relevant domain to security, safety and/or weapon contamination or related to project and data management.
- Security/safety management background preferred, experience in crisis management a strong asset.
- Fluent knowledge of English and Tagalog
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel, databases)
- Good prior knowledge/experience in data management
- Background in security risk management with NGOs preferred. Experience in crisis management a strong asset.
- Understanding of essential security risk management concepts, such as the basics of security risk analysis methodology and reporting, physical security survey and analysis, personal security and crime prevention preferred.
SPECIFIC KEY COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Strong mobility required (travel to Visayas and Mindanao)
- Very strong analytical skills
- Very strong team player
- Good presentation skills
- Good sense and diplomacy for Movement cooperation, in particular with the Philippine Red Cross and IFRC.
- Good networking skills including with authorities, NSAG’s, communities, NGO’s and UN agencies.
- Good political analytical skills to link threat management with context dynamics.
- Prior knowledge/experience in data management
- Ability to monitor data quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Attention to detail
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
*Qualified applicants are requested to submit by email to email@example.com until 14 February 2021*.*
2) Cover letter
*Please clearly indicate in the subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Security and Safety Officer (Resume & cover letter).*
Contract duration: Open-ended
Contract start date: As soon as possible
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is successfully filled.*
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates
*Only short-listed candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.*
Apply to Job