Sector Lead, Protection (Contractual); Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Strategic Planning and Programme Management:
- Lead Protection Sector through HCMP Strategic Planning, developing sector strategies, policies & procedure, Work Plan and providing overall management of protection staff, budget, operations align with BRAC and FDMN strategies.
- Provide strategic and operational oversight and guidance to the project teams to ensure the effective delivery of the Projects.
- Provide strategic decision and necessary guidance to protection partner team and staff to develop work-plans in coordination with the Programme Manager, and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Oversee implementation of Protection project activities ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure that Protection partner field staff understand the requirements of implementation.
- Ensure Protection programme is implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners and women, children and in line with BRAC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with BRAC’s procedures.
- Develop detailed implementation plans including procurement and distribution schedules of programme inputs in line with programme logistics/supply chain capacity.
- Ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Monitor programme progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, making adjustments to programme design as necessary.
- Prepare timely and high quality programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal BRAC’s requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Support to PDDR and Grants in reviewing partner narrative and financial reporting as well as MEAL data.
- Undertake ongoing capacity assessments of partner, reporting areas for development to Protection programme managers and other staff.
Need Analysis and Programme Design:
- Support design and organization required for assessments, baselines and evaluations, particularly in regards to communicating needs to the PDDR team, Protection team and partners.
- Foster an understanding of the context – political, cultural etc. and community expectations, within the Protection and programmes team in rohingya and host community and contribute to the development of contextually appropriate programme design.
- Contribute to the integration of protection in all programme planning and proposal design, where possible.
Quality and Accountability:
- Ensure training for BRAC team on Protection principles, SGBV principles, PSEA policies and principles, service provision, and refugee rights.
- Facilitate reflection and learning among project teams SGBV, CBP, LEGAL, Protection Monitoring to build knowledge and understanding.
- Prepare technical specifications, SOP/Guidelines and QA guidelines.
- Ensure to develop all kind of module, flipchart, curriculum as per project need.
- Manage budget and expenses of Protection activities.
Coordination, Networking and Advocacy:
- Maintain network and liaison with GBV Subsector, Protection Working Group, GIHA network PESA network.
- Liaise, cooperate and create partnerships with other organizations to ensure cohesive service coverage.
- Ensure that programme interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other core sectors of BRAC, such as education, health & nutrition, shelter and child protection & livelihoods.
- Establish strong relationships with external stakeholders, including relevant government agencies, employers, duty bearers, relevant networks and civil society organizations.
- Contribute to develop concept note and different proposal as per Rohingya and host community need.
- Ensure that project learning and achievements are shared with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of case studies for the purpose of reporting, advocacy and media efforts.
- Offer sufficient support to the partner organizations in respective access points.
- Conduct periodic review of annual plans to identify challenges and the ways those challenges could be addressed.
- Adopt an approach towards partner capacity strengthening.
Safety and Safeguarding:
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Educational Requirements: Masters in Social Science/ Public Administration/ Economics or any other relevant subject from any recognised university with all second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in academic examinations
Experience Requirement: Minimum 10 years of working experience in the protection sector including at least 2 years in the emergency field of NGO/ INGO is required.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Knowledge on humanitarian principles, emergency situations, sphere standards etc.
- Ability to visit field offices/camps frequently (50% field engagement)
- Knowledge on people management, donor coordination, donor compliance etc.
- Knowledge on proposals development, budget etc.
- Skill on monitoring, reporting etc.
- Knowledge on protection, gender based violence, legal issues, laws of the country etc.
Age Range : N/A
Salary Range : Negotiable
Other Benefits : As per organisation policy
How to apply:
You may apply through careers.brac.net or bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position “Sector Lead, Protection (Contractual); HCMP” in subject line.
Apply to Job