RFQ-TUR-003221 & Delivery of Gender Mainstreaming Training for CSO staff
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Delivery of Gender Mainstreaming Training for CSO staff
DRC Turkey (Antakya)
Dates: February 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 1956 and working in over 30 countries in the world. DRC has been operating in southeastern Turkey (Hatay, Şanlıurfa, Kilis, and Kahramanmaraş) since 2013, serving Persons of Concerns (PoC) including Syrian refugees and the affected host communities. As the conflict stretches on in Syria, DRC remains committed to developing long-term solutions that serve the needs of displaced Syrians and other refugees and migrants currently living in Turkey.
DRC Turkey implements protection and economic recovery programs in collaboration with local civil society organizations (CSOs). As part of our partnership strategy, we are planning a series of capacity building activities for partner CSOs, including gender mainstreaming training.
The objective of this consultancy is to support participants of multiple CSOs with the knowledge and skills needed to mainstream gender into their respective program activities.
Scope of Work
The consultant will deliver an online training consisting of several sessions for middle management staff of local CSOs to provide an overview of gender mainstreaming and equip them with the tools and strategies to apply gender mainstreaming in humanitarian programming. The participants (20-30 individuals) will be from up to six different local CSOs of varying sizes that are providing primarily protection and livelihoods support to for displaced populations in Turkey. The training is expected to be at least 21 hours, delivered either as 3 full-day training or as half-day training across a number of days (exact schedule to be determined). Both theoretical and practical aspects should be covered during this course to help the participants better understand gender mainstreaming.
The training should cover the following topics:
· Definition of key terms (e.g. gender, gender equality, gender mainstreaming)
· Gender mainstreaming as an approach and strategy
· Added value of gender mainstreaming in humanitarian programming
· Mainstreaming gender in project cycle management: gathering and assessing gender-related information, program design through a gender lens, implementation of gender-sensitive activities, and gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation activities
· Gender mainstreaming in different program sectors
· Organizational culture and necessary resources for gender mainstreaming
Learning objectives for participants:
· Learn how to use a gender lens in humanitarian programming
· Explain how to prevent gender inequality while providing assistance to Persons of Concern **
· Having tools, insights and strategies so they can better plan and implement gender sensitive activities**
· Final training plan and schedule incorporating any changes following an inception meeting
· Participant list for each session
· Ensure pre- and post-test to monitor participants’ skills and knowledge improvement and provide quantitative analysis of overall participants’ increase of knowledge
· A training report with reflections and observations from the training, including recommendations for continuous support and development for participants and for further learning
Geographical Location and Time
This training will be conducted on an interactive online platform (e.g. Microsoft Teams). Trainer will organize all technical arrangement for the trainings and communicate with the participants regarding the training details (e.g. training platform, training time, agenda) prior to each session. The procurement process is expected to be finalized by the end of January and the training delivered in February 2020.
Language and Methodology
The training will be provided in English. The format of the online training is expected to be with practical activities and handouts which will be given to the participants prior to the meeting date. The training course should be based on a series of modules, which can be adapted to the requirements of the course participants. Lectures and presentations should be complemented with practical exercises such as group work.
The Consultant (s) is expected to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for this work:
· 5-8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the area of humanitarian programming, ideally in women’s empowerment, SGBV, or protection sector
· Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing online and offline trainings and workshops
· Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English (both spoken and written). Knowledge of Arabic or Turkish is an advantage.
· Experience implementing humanitarian, development or social impact programming in the Middle East, preferably with displaced populations. Previous experience implementing interventions in Turkey will be an asset.
· Experience in culturally sensitive programming essential
· Knowledge, skills, and experience in participatory methods for community development and mobilisation
· Advanced university degree or equivalent in social sciences, gender studies, or other fields relevant to the substantive area identified in the title of the consultancy
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following by 28-01-2021 14:00 pm Turkey Time in English:
· Technical proposal demonstrating clear understanding of the ToR and expected deliverables, as well as describing the training methodology, plan, and tools to be used
· Timeline for delivery of the consultancy with detailed activity schedule
· Example of pre- and post-test learning tools for participants
· A financial proposal inclusive of all costs needed for the work
· CV of the consultant(s) demonstrating qualifications and experience in similar trainings and organizational development
· One sample of delivered training showing experience related to the assignment (include evidence of work done)
· Two references related to relevant work previously conducted
How to apply:
Please click here to reach all the tender documents including Annex A.1 Terms of References.
RFP Issuing Date: 19 January 2021
RFP Closure Date: 28 January 2021 14:00 pm Turkey Time
Complete Tender Documents may be also obtained by e-mail from email@example.com
Please mention in the subject line as RFQ-TUR-003221 & Delivery of Gender Mainstreaming Training for CSO staff
Questions can be addressed to the above email until 28 January 2021 11:00 am Turkey Time**
Apply to Job