Resilience Director, Haiti
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job Title: Resilience Director (Senior Program Manager)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Salary Grade: 11
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON DONOR FUNDING AND APPROVAL
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Resilience Director, you will provide overall leadership of the household and community resilience component of the HRASA activity and be responsible to ensure the quality of programmatic implementation (including monitoring, evaluation and learning) and administrative elements of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable. You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability, and that the budget is consumed as planned. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Lead the development, implementation and consolidation of the of the household and community resilience component of HRASA Activity. Provide oversight for all aspects of program quality, program management, representation, and human resources. Serve as the CRS lead in the consortium and on the HRASA Senior Management Team (SMT).
* Ensure strategic objectives and results are accomplished and meet technical quality standards through annual and quarterly activity planning and budget forecasts. Lead quarterly technical review of implementation plans.
* Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff
* Coordinate with M&E team to oversee the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system, using appropriate forms, procedures, and tools for data collection and analysis as the basis for measuring, documenting and reporting outcomes.
* Manage and mitigate risk. Ensure compliance with USAID contract regulations, including finance and administration, and in reporting.
* Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of roles and activities of staff from consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
* Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
* Knowledge of CRS Partnership strategy and Partner management experience an advantage.
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field.
* At least 5 years of experience managing large scale development grants or contracts, preferably focusing on livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security or other related sectors.
* Proven track record of successful USG funded program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistics and large budgets, as well as commodities.
* At least 3 years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
Applications from Haitian nationals are highly preferred.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply:
Application URL: Apply Here
Apply to Job