Research Manager – Central Sahel Third-Party Monitoring Platform
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
DT Global is seeking a Research Manager to lead a team providing third-party monitoring of stabilization programs in the Central Sahel region. The Research Manager (RM) will remotely supervise a team of local researchers to produce analytical reporting on political and security dynamics in the Central Sahel, with an emphasis on the Liptako-Gourma region of Burkina Faso, Niger, and Mali. While the exact nature of reporting will vary, research questions will likely interrogate the root causes of conflict in the region, the implications of conflict dynamics for development programs, and the effectiveness of stabilization programs.
· The RM is responsible for satisfactory production of all analytical deliverables for the client;
· Recruit and supervise a diverse team of contextually aware local researchers and manage local research subcontractor;
· Set clear strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of polished reports;
· Maintain a direct line of communications with the client and respond to ad-hoc requests for information (RFIs);
· Develop and deliver training materials on data collection, research, and analysis best practices;
· Maintain exceptional situational awareness of security, political, and humanitarian developments in West Africa, the Central Sahel, and Liptako Gourma;
· Coordinate with other Learning and Innovation Team Members;
· Manage program budgets (with support from administrative staff).
Bachelor’s Degree in related field including: International Relations; Political Science; Government; Economics. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Qualifications and Key Competencies:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a social science or regional studies;
· Fluency in French (required), proficiency in other local languages preferred;
· Advanced working proficiency in English (ability to communicate with client and write reports);
· Extensive experience managing local researchers and analysts, ideally in the Central Sahel region;
· Extensive experience with stabilization programs in West Africa/Sahel, ideally as a researcher or monitoring & evaluation specialist;
· Considerable knowledge and expertise of the history, society, and culture of Burkina Faso, Niger, and Mali, with an emphasis on the Liptako-Gourma region;
Local candidates originally from or based in West Africa are encouraged to apply.
DT Global Core Competencies:
· Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment
· Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts
· Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
· Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner
· Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly
· Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply:
Apply to Job