NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To facilitate country office research, analysis and reporting including supporting development and implementation of research learning agenda; and designing, and implementing Web-based data management systems.
Reports to: Advisor PQEI
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Research, Evidence and Learnings:
- Work closely with Advisor PQEI and MEAL Team to develop and implement research, evaluation and learning agenda for the Pakistan country office.
- Support the designing and implementing of research and assessment studies by developing research proposals, methodologies, data collection tools, data entry software, analysis and reporting.
- Lead the quantitative and qualitative data analysis and draft research and assessment reports and other learning products.
- Work with teams to undertake analytical work and generate sectoral and cross-thematic learnings on trends and opportunities for SC in Pakistan to achieve better outcome for children.
- Lead in implementing measures for development and maintaining an institutional knowledge base.
- Assist in the preparation of Child Rights Situation Analysis (CRSA) at the country office.
- Lead the development and implementation of a coherent and coordinated Research, Evaluation and Learning agenda and plan aimed at improving quality outcomes for children and demonstrating what works for children in Pakistan, in what context and why.
- Participate in Country Office CSP process oversight, tracking implementation of commitments and ensuring that research and learning form the foundation of program design
- Lead on the application of SCI Theory of Change (Innovation, Scale, Be the Voice and Partnerships) with particular reference to Research and Evaluations
- Support the application of Save the Children (SCI) Theory of Change (Innovation, Scale, Be the Voice and Partnerships) with particular reference to learning and impact
- Oversee special studies & assessments that will require oversight from the Senior Technical Advisor and include baseline and end line surveys, operational research on specific interventions.
- To develop a system for data management and reporting for Country Strategic Plan (CSP) milestones and outputs;
- Develop and maintain Indicator Performance Tracking Tables for existing and upcoming projects;
- Map out project indicators with CSP milestones and outputs to report annual and quarterly progress and achievements;
- Consolidate project progress and total reach for country annual report and donor reports.
- To work with thematic, provincial and project management for improving data management and reporting;
- Responsible for the program management information needs and promoting data-driven decision making;
- Compile and analyze data and share it with management and program teams at various levels;
- Responsible to coordinate with partners for the implementation of data tools and collection of information.
- Provide additionally requested information on an ad hoc basis;
- Regular Analyse program and MEAL data (Action Plan Tracker and Feedback and Complaint Databases)
R&E Uplift & Capacity Building:
- Support analysis of Pakistan county Office (PKCO) R&E capability, interest and ambition and develop tailor-made enhancement plan
- Ensure that research and evaluation outputs are delivered to the highest standards and systematically contribute to Country and Global learning agenda
- Enhance PKCO capability in research and evaluations through designing and implementing effective capacity building measures and development and maintaining an institutionalised knowledge base
- Bring research, analytical and relevant quality assurance expertise to Pakistan Program in the entire Programme Life Cycle management
- Facilitate Advisor Programs and team in developing quality benchmarks for all key program interventions to strengthen the quality aspects;
Demonstrating outcomes for Children:
- Undertake analytical work on quality child rights programming to generate sectoral and cross
thematic learning’s on trends and opportunities for SC in Pakistan to achieve better outcomes for
- Direct the development and delivery of research and evaluation services including technical oversight and support
- Bring and apply cutting-edge thinking and best practice at all stages of the research and evaluation processes including child led/child sensitive approaches
Developing, Managing, Disseminating Learning Products and Outlets:
- Lead the development of learning products such as Fact Sheets, Policy briefs, Policy Position papers, Publications etc and innovative ways of packaging such products for children**
- Lead the Research work in concert with other programs towards SC mission, including integrating market intelligence gained by other departments in the research agenda and study design and supporting other program teams in integrating insights learned in their program development**
- Build repository/stock of these learning products (including Evaluations and recordings of Asia Learning Series)**
- Be a champion in the development of an organizational culture for knowledge sharing and cross learning**
Country Strategy Plan:
- Lead the development of the next Country Strategy Plan including developing an evidence base, identifying priority areas, coordinating with team members and thematic leads, and drafting the CSP**
- Ensure top priorities of country office and importance of evidence nad research are reflected in the CSP**
- Oversee the development of milestones, final narrative document and presentation**
- Support the narrative development of proposals and concept notes**
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor**
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)**
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent 16 year’s education from HEC recognized university. Preference will be given to candidates with computer science background
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Apply to Job