NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Research Aide (Phlebotomist) will assist with grant-funded Covid prevention clinical research studies other prevention studies for a four-month period.
Under the direct supervision of the Lab Manager, the Research Aide (Phlebotomist) will conduct study visits in the field, on the van and on site. The Research Aide (Phlebotomist) will assist with the screening of prospective participants for study eligibility and collecting study samples per protocol.
- Ensures proper Patient Identification (Using requirements Identifiers) and safety techniques, according to Harlem Prevention Center, and Study Specific policies and procedures and regulatory agencies requirements. (10%)
- Performs proper venipuncture and /or finger and heal sticks to infants, adults and geriatric patients according to the BPC and Hospital policies and procedures (10%)
- Load, transport, and unload all required pieces of equipment and necessary specimens to vehicle. (10%)
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures. (5%)
- Collect, label, and packaged all patient-specific specimens, accurately and properly for dispatching to analysis and testing. (5%)
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment. (5%)
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples (5%)
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with patients and other employees. Interacts professionally, courteously, and appropriately with patients and visitors and other employees (5%)
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information (5%)
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests (5%)
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working (5%)
- Performs proper Point of Care Testing (POCT): e.g. COVID rapid testing (5%)
- Verifies manual and electronic laboratory orders, collects and labels appropriately all samples and Acknowledged collection according to BPC and hospital policies (5%)
- Follows all infection control requirements and safety techniques, according to BPC, NYP/CU policies and procedures (5%)
- Perform inventory and stocks appropriate supplies in the respective work area (5%)
- Packs and ships blood and other samples to appropriate lab and maintains IATA shipping certification (5%)
- Performs other duties as needed. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree and at least six months to one year's related experience
- Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician.
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material.
- Ability to use computers to enter information.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional certification in phlebotomy from a recognized program such as the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Phlebotomy Association
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
How to apply:
Interested candidates apply here
Apply to Job