Regional Economic Recovery Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The Regional Economic Recovery Specialist is responsible for operationalizing the Middle East Livelihoods Learning Journey, funded by Danida. The project is now in the final year, the EcRec specialist will be consolidating the learning and operationalizing the findings in general and in particular – act as a learning coordinator on cross sectoral topics, including developing integrated programming SOPs and models and harmonizing best practices.
The Regional Economic Recovery Specialist will work closely with the Regional Economic Recovery Coordinator in providing support to six DRC operational Middle East countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate on cross-sectoral topics, in developing contents and documentation as needed, and in leading trainings and workshops both within the regional office and throughout the region. the sectors of interest are – Protection, Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding, MEAL, Innovation and Advocacy
· Mainstream across all sectors some key elements of expertise that are hosted by Economic Recovery teams. This includes in particular the systematic use of Modality Due Diligence (MDD) tool when considering CVA or in-kind modalities for distributions, the adoption of Market Systems Approaches (MSA) and the appropriate use of market data in program development, as well as the use of the Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS) in all assessments.
· Coordinate Learning & harmonizing practices throughout the region through the sharing of lessons learned and best practices
· Operationalize the findings from the Livelihoods Journeys regarding business and employment support program models, with the development and rolling-out of modular tools & appropriate trainings as well as the consolidation of existing SOPs across the region.
· Facilitate collaboration with MEAL team to define minimum common indicators and data standards
· Deputize for the Regional Economic Recovery Coordinator, as appropriate
Experience and technical competencies:
· A strong understanding and at least 3 years’ experience with on the ground humanitarian economic recovery programming
· Understanding of and experience in developing integrated and cross-sectoral programming;
· Strong, practical knowledge of Economic Recovery and CVA concepts, methodologies and impactful modes of support across DRC’s core activity categories and typical modes of support in the region, as well as of recent trends in livelihoods policy and evidence;
· Advanced skills in program design, tools & training packages development, including for cross-sectoral purposes.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Relevant university degree
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 11 months Contract
Band: Non-Management – Band G
Location: Amman - Jordan
Start date: February 01, 2021
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: January 21, 2021
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
Apply to Job