Regional Cash Finance and Operations Advisor
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Save the Children is one of the leading humanitarian actors in Australia and around the world. The Regional Cash Finance and Operations Advisor will play a key role in us ensuring we save lives and leave no child behind. You will be part of a globally networked and diverse team of humanitarians responding to disasters in Asia, the Pacific, and beyond. Contribute your capability in the humanitarian sector to support chronic and sudden onset emergencies across the world.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this full-time maximum-term position (through to the end of March 2022), based in any location in Australia, you will be responsible for the day-to-day finance operations of all aspects of the Regional Cash Transfer Program (CTP) and work on a broad range of management and financial accounting, along with strategy development and support. You will be part of our Humanitarian team and report to our Senior Humanitarian Advisor.
You will make an impact by:
* Managing and developing annual budgets, forecasts, and reports
* Identifying opportunities for business development
* Working with the Senior Cash Humanitarian Advisor on project designs, proposals, workplans, and budgets
* Monitoring financial progress of CTP programs (income and expenditure) to ensure timely and cost-effective implementation
* Providing oversight of cash delivery and reporting mechanisms and processes
Does this sound like you?
You’re ambitious and knowledgeable in the world of Cash Transfer Programs, ideally with project management experience. You have strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, and a positive relationship with finance and monitoring. You are self-motivated, flexible, and driven to see results to deliver the best humanitarian outcomes and maximise our impact for children.
This role requires:
* Bachelor of Commerce, Business, Accounting, or similar tertiary qualification
* Experience in humanitarian or development programming and budget management, preferably including CTP
* Experience in operational and programmatic functions (e.g. logistics, operations, budget management)
* Demonstrated experience in developing funding proposals and attracting funding
* A strong ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
* Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
* Internal employment and development opportunities
* Friendly and flexible work environment
* Agile work environment including working from home
* Pet and child friendly work environment
* Full salary packaging benefits
* Additional annual leave options available
For more information regarding our employee benefits, please following this link.
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the ‘Apply’ section below.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 28 January 2021.
Position Description - Regional Cash Finance and Operations Advisor
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work. We encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check (where necessary), and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your appli cation, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.
How to apply:
Application URL: Apply Here
Apply to Job