Quality and Inclusion Adviser (Timor-Leste and Facility)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About Market Development Facility (MDF)
Market Development Facility is an Australian Government funded multi-country initiative which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in our partner countries.
We connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
MDF is looking to recruit a Quality and Inclusion (Q&I) Adviser to provide support to country teams in all aspects of Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) and applicatio n of inclusion policies.
* Provide support to develop and review MRM-related documents – intervention guides, research plans, attribution strategies, concept note and value for money calculations development, ensuring inclusion indicators are appropriately integrated.
* Maintain, under the oversight of and in collaboration with the Quality and Inclusion Director(s)/Specialists, a results measurement system in line with DCED and DFAT guidelines and relevant for Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE), with complete and up to date Intervention Guides and a clear research calendar.
* Ensure integration of MRM system into MDF’s Management Information System.
* Analyse assessment results and provide recommendations on improvements of the Facility's sector strategies and intervention designs.
* Ensure that projections and results from all MDF countries are accurately aggregated for planning, reporting and learning purposes, providing insights into progress against key headline and intermediary indicators.
* Analyse (sectors) of the economy in a quantitative and qualitative manner to identify their potential for pro-poor growth, constraints to growth and innovative solutions and opportunities to unlock this growth potential, and ensure that information gathered through QI system is fed into the strategic and implementation decisions and MDF’s learning agenda.
* Support the production of Annual Report, case studies, Annual Strategic Plans and Guidance Notes, as required and in coordination with the QI and Communications teams.
* Support the QI Director and country teams to understand, integrate and articulate MDF’s inclusion strategy (Women’s Economic Empowerment, environmental sustainability, geographic and ethnic inclusivity) in MRM-related activities, including, but not limited to intervention guides, monitoring, impact assessments and concept notes.
* At least a bachelor’s degree in economics, anthropology/sociology, agricultural sciences, international development, research or related fields.
* Proven qualitative and quantitative research skills, including demonstrated complex field research in Market Systems Development (MSD) or a related development approach in areas such as productivity, poverty and social norms, sustainability and resilience.
* Excellent critical analysis skills and the ability to translate complex findings and ideas into simple, clear and actionable content.
* Willingness to work in a challenging environment and travel extensively to and within MDF countries.
* Strong written and spoken English language skills.
* Willingness to travel within Timor-Leste and internationally.
* Familiarity with the DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and experience in line with the requirements of the position. Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
How to apply:
Application URL: Apply Here
Apply to Job