PROJECT OFFICER-EQUITY 2 PROJECT
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
The aim of the West Africa EQUITE II program is to contribute to sustainable economic development, fight poverty and strengthen family farming by supporting the development of fair and climate-resilient value chains in West Africa.
This global objective is broken down into five complementary specific objectives (SO):
· SO1. Support the structuring of Producer Organizations (POs) and the value chains in which they operate
· SO2. Strengthen the commercial, governance and management capacities of fair trade cocoa cooperatives in Côte d'Ivoire
· SO3. Strengthen fair trade institutional ecosystems
· SO4. Use fair trade as a lever for accelerating ecological transitions in production and processing methods that can lead to organic certification;
· SO5. Ensure the promotion of gender equality and the inclusion of young people in fair trade chains.
The Equity II program will run for four years and will be implemented in a differentiated manner in six West African countries as follows: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Mali and Togo. All products subject to fair trade certification are eligible: cocoa, fruits (mango, pineapple, baobab, etc.), shea, cashew nuts, handicrafts, sesame, coffee, hibiscus, etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the implementation of the Equity 2 project to assist producer organizations **
· Monitor operational activities and effectiveness of results and milestones of the Equity 2 project**
· Compile monthly updates and quarterly reports using FTA and project templates**
· Support and participate in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities
· Support the development of project proposals **
Provide Guidelines on Setting Up an Internal Management System (IMS) to producer organizations :
· Membership Data
· Compliance Management
· Allocation of Tasks and Responsibilities Among Member SPOs
· Membership Agreements
· Plan of Training and Support Activities
· Farm Assessment
· Farm Improvement Plan
· Act as a key point of contact for member and producer organization queries, ensuring that issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently
· Support SPOs in the implementation of IMS tool and activities as required
· Advise on member’s perceptions and attitudes towards FTA and the NFOs and other stakeholders operating within the country.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related field
- IT system certificates will be an advantage
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years’ project management experience in a similar environment
- Experience of delivering training to a range of audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areas**
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to speak the local language
How to apply:
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website: https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies-2/ Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position Project Officer.
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to email@example.com.
If you have any queries, please call +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a condition of employment
Apply to Job