Project Manager UNDP
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Project Manager UNDP (WestNile- Palorinya-Obongi)
The Livelihoods Project Manager will oversee the implementation of Uganda Host and Refugee Community Empowerment Project (UHRC-UNDP Project). The PM will have direct responsibility for the project team, reporting to the Regional Area Manager. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget. S/he will also will be responsible for all coordination with other actors and officials in Obongi district and Parolinya settlement, including interactions with other Save the Children projects and teams.
The PM will work closely and liaise with the other senior project staff in other thematic areas to spur integration and benefit from project synergies within the response; while ensuring that project implementation is well aligned to approved design, SCI program quality benchmarks and contributes to SCI's overall country and global outcomes and breakthrough for children.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Social Works and Social Administration, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any other related fields of study;
- At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience in project management, livelihoods, microenterprise development;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of programme development, including programme/project monitoring, review & evaluation.
- Substantial experience of developing working relations with government, community stakeholders and children
- Understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and managing grants.
- Demonstrable skills in resource and staff management/development and the implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, and systems in relation to these.
- An understanding of the role of INGOs and current development debates, particularly participatory approaches, organisational development and capacity building with/for both state and non-state partners.
- Understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities.
- Knowledge of West Nile, Uganda, and displacement (refugee) context preferred; and
- Knowledge of a local language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff, with proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children's rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- * No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Application information: Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online following this link: indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on January 15, 2021 at 5:00pm Uganda time We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: Apply Here
Apply to Job