Project Associate - Lebanon
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD is currently looking for a:
Project Associate Lebanon
Based in Beirut, Lebanon
Start date: As soon as possible
With renewed international concerns about Lebanon’s stability, HD started operations in Lebanon in 2017 with two mediation processes, which aim to encourage Lebanese stakeholders to prevent conflicts from escalating and foster post-conflict peacebuilding in the country.
The Project Associate will be hired for a temporary period of 6 months (which could be extended based on funding availability) and will contribute to the projects by supporting the Project Manager both administratively and substantively and in direct contact with the Project Officer. S/he will be closely following-up on the implementation of the projects and monitoring the projects’ compliance with the strategic framework as well as internal procedures and policies.
Reporting to the Project Manager and in direct contact with the Project Officer, the Project Associate will have the following responsibilities:
· Monitor the political and security situation in Lebanon, as well as developments relating to the conflicts and their impact on the respective projects;
· Contribute to drafting narrative and analytical reports, including monthly updates, as well as interim and final reports to donors;
· Draft weekly press reviews on Lebanon;
· Attend meetings and rounds of dialogue to assist in taking minutes, drafting correspondence and reports, as well as collecting and compiling meeting information;
· Produce research and analysis on subjects related to the projects;
· Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the project according to HD’s and donors’ M&E models (Logical Framework and Performance Monitoring Framework);
· Maintain regular contact with consultants and keep an up to-date overview of operational matters; resolve or reports challenges to program delivery; anticipate future requirements and development needs;
· Assist with logistics of and coordination of meetings and events in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and Project Officer; communication with project interlocutors among logistical arrangements related to meetings.
· Assist with contractual arrangements of consultants (contracts, procedures, expenses claim, controlling invoices and following-up on signatures).
· Assist in the preparation of draft budgets and forecasts;
· Assist in performing any other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
· Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as international relations, law, history, political science or equivalent;
· Strong organisational and research skills;
· Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and strong command of written and spoken English. Good knowledge of French is a plus;
· Previous knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation or humanitarian field would be a plus;
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar function;
· Good knowledge of the region and its politics.
Personality: The successful applicant should be able to handle sensitive information. A flexible team player, s/he must be extremely reliable with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and meet the required qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 27 January 2021 to email@example.com.
Apply to Job