NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Al- Khair Foundation- Kenya is a registered humanitarian organization with commitment to providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in the most deprived areas. Al- Khair Foundation's core thematic areas include: Health, Education, WASH, Livelihood, Community Development and Emergency and is currently expanding its projects within the country.
· An Internship opportunity between 3-6 months (depending on funding)
Under the supervision of the Programs Coordinator, the Programs intern will assist in developing programs reports, strategies & designs. He/she will be assisting in monitoring projects and ensuring quality delivery of projects for AKF -Kenya.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in review/updating of AKF’s Programme Strategy, in line with Global Strategy, Country Strategy and Annual Business Plans.
· Assist in developing/ updating AKF’s specific guidelines/policies on core emergency response and recovery guidelines, including Disaster Preparedness Plans (DPPs)
· Assist in developing, participating in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary
· Assist in evaluation of potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions to them
· Support in planning and managing team goals, project schedules and new information
· Support in supervision of current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track
· Support to manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
· Assist to communicate with beneficiaries to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
· Travelling to project delivery areas for needs assessments, project implementation, monitoring etc.
Academic Qualification & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Social sciences, or related subject (Graduated not more than 2 years ago)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email management
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work with short deadlines
- Must be a good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance.
How to apply:
To apply, send your current CV and Cover Letter stating your suitability for the position against the specifications given to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘**Programs Intern’** by EOD Friday, 15thJanuary 2021.
Each application should include three (3) referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Ps: Please note that Al- Khair Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees at any point of the job applications.
Apply to Job