Programme Funding Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
This is an exciting time at ShelterBox and we have ambitious targets of sheltering more and more families each year. A key enabler to achieving this strategic objective is a sustainable funding mix.
The Programme Funding Manager is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of restricted grants which support the delivery of Operational Strategy. They will do this through the management of ShelterBox’s Fundable Opportunities; a portfolio of programmatic information collated to support income generation and grant management activities across the organisation. The role will also be responsible for developing our organisational capacity to coordinate restricted grants more broadly, in conjunction with other stakeholders from across the Global organisation.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking an experienced, delivery focused, practical, motivated and proactive individual with a strong understanding of major fundraising. The role requires an ability to build strong relationships, negotiate, influence and inform colleagues across the organisation in order to strengthen our ability to win and manage grants. You will need to be comfortable creating and developing the systems, processes and tools required for success, rather than working within a mature existing framework.
Main role and responsibilities to include:
● Plan, coordinate and deliver a functioning pipeline of Fundable Opportunities that supports the Operational strategy and enables Fundraising to meet income goals.
● Lead on the identification, planning, and execution of all elements of building opportunities across the Operations department to deliver thematic Fundable Opportunity packages.
● Own and manage processes and resources related to the effective coordination of Fundable Opportunities with stakeholders from across the Global organisation. Oversee and serve as decision maker on new bids against Fundable Opportunities (escalating as appropriate) based on assessment of fund absorption capacity.
● Promote operational funding needs in line with Operations strategy and provide an effective link between the Operations, Fundraising & Communications and Finance departments.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
● Manage Fundable Opportunities and the asks against them, advising Finance, Grants Manager, Programme Teams and Fundraising staff on their responsibilities for coordinating activity.
● Oversee a system to maintain relevant project, finance and reporting information (including restrictions on asks and grant management) for fundable activities, packaged Fundable Opportunities, proposals, and awarded grants.
● Gather intelligence about upcoming responses and areas of operational activity to identify funding opportunities; develop and share opportunity-specific information and analysis.
● Provide thought-partnership to restricted income fundraisers, guiding them on appropriate projects for which to apply for funding and support their use of the Fundable Opportunities process to facilitate this.
● Ensure understanding of any implications, risks and opportunities of funding applications/awards, and that all relevant team members understand the terms and conditions of successful donor grant agreements/contracts, including key deadlines.
● Maintain the Fundable Opportunities information sharing and coordination system
● Provide a conduit between Operational plans, Grant Management, Fundraising needs and Finance requirements.
● Build a forward-looking Fundable Opportunities plan that takes into account external trends or drivers of displacement, Operational plans, budget plans and forecasting across the year,
● Independently and proactively deliver a pipeline of Fundable Opportunities, ensuring quality assurance of package design and working with colleagues in Operations (programme delivery) and MEAL to secure required approvals.
● Keep within the charity’s aims and objectives, strategic plans and values.
How to apply:
For further information and to apply, please visit our website - https://www.shelterbox.org/contact/jobs/
Apply to Job