Program Officer (Erbil-Iraq)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General View of the Position:
Managing and following up on the implementation of social cohesion projects with support from the program coordinator. He is directly responsible for managing the field project’s team in Syria
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the project's activities and ensure the quality of implementation.
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationships with field staff, subordinates, and other departments within HQ.
- Monitor and assess project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on results against targets.
- Troubleshoot project problems and identify & implement creative solutions.
- Contribute to concept note development and proposing new initiatives to build on the previous programming.
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit the required staff.
- Work with supply chain finance departments to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of services.
- Write the required reports and Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Travel to the field office to monitor project activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- BSc/BA diploma in social science or a relevant field.
- experience in Project and team management.
- experience in project and budget tracking.
- ability in strategic planning and thinking.
- Proven ability in acquiring and managing institutional funding.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Language proficiency: Advanced (reading, writing, and speaking) English and Arabic
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Adhering to the organization’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
How to apply:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job