Program Manager I – Moafa - Sudan Nationals Only
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Sudan is as dynamic and diverse as the needs of the people we serve. Since 1978, CRS Sudan has been assisting the people of Sudan across the emergency, recovery, and development spectrum. In recent years, CRS Sudan has been undergoing a transformation as new opportunity for resiliency programming emerges and the environment opens for deeper involvement of humanitarian organizations. CRS Sudan's flagship programs, DFID-funded Taadoud project (2014-2022) and USAID/FFP-funded RISING project (2019-2021), are examples of this shift. Implemented in five states in Darfur, these integrated livelihoods, nutrition and natural resource management programs are implemented in consortium with INGO, national NGO, university and private sector partners. The BMZ-funded RAID program is another example of CRS Sudan's integrated resiliency programming. Sudan remains one of the world's most protracted humanitarian crisis. In this context, CRS continues to provide emergency assistance throughout Sudan, with core funding from WFP, USAID/BHA, and UNICEF. Key sectoral areas for CRS Sudan include food security, livelihoods (on-farm, off-farm and non-farm), nutrition, health, peacebuilding and natural resource management. CRS Sudan has an expanding portfolio of programs crossing the emergency response and resiliency spectrum. Currently CRS Sudan oversees programming across five Darfur states and the Red Sea.
The Program Manager I (PM) will lead the field implementation of Moafa II, an integrated Health, Nutrition and WASH project in Central Darfur in close collaboration with the Program Manager II. The PM, in collaboration with the project team, is responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, and monitoring project activities as per donor requirements and CRS regulations as well as build and maintain relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the project objectives, advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The PM’s management skills and knowledge will ensure that the Sudan Country Program (CP) delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Lead team in planning and implementing all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise the Moafa II team in Central Darfur. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Ensure program integration with the other projects in the same area to encourage holistic approach
· Be vigilant to draw learning from monitoring and propose new interventions to ensure the needs of the communities are addressed either from CRS or other partners
· Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
· Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
· Identify staff and partner development needs and support implementation of capacity building activities.
· Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
· Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight, ensure efficient use of project resources.
· Ensure regular and effective communication of field implementation progress and challenges to line manager and Head of Office. Proactively identify and mitigate project risks.
· Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations, Health/Public Health or in a similar field is preferred. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
Required Languages - Fluency in written and spoken English required; Arabic language abilities preferred
Travel - Position is based in CRS’ Central Darfur office (Zalingei). Must be willing and able to travel up to 70% to project areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities **
· Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
· National applicants are preferred.
· Project management experience in health and/or WASH is highly desirable.
· Staff supervision experience.
· Experience engaging with partner organizations.
· Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
· MEAL skills and experience preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Moafa Program Managers and Senior Project Officers**
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager II, Head of Office, Head of Programming, MEAL Manager, Operations staff
External: CRS implementing partners; UN cluster leads and agencies; peer humanitarian agencies; local government and authorities.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position kindly do so directly following this link: https://www.sudanjob.net/jobview.php?id=8416&s= on or before January 15, 2021.
Apply to Job