Program Manager- Every Child Thrives and Covid-19 Response -
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Objective of the Position:
Provide technical leadership for the project and ensure quality implementation of activities
Ensure coordination of the project at the counties and national level with the Ministry of health and relevant stakeholders
Continuous monitoring and supervision of project activities evaluating progress and communicating feedback.
Provide administration leadership and financial management of the project
- Provide technical leadership for the project and ensure quality implementation of activities
· Develop project work plans and monitor their implementation regularly
· Lead in implementation of all activities according to the work plan ensuring objectives are met
· Develop and produce monthly, quarterly and annual technical reports for the project
· Review and monitor project budget and follow the burn rate throughout the project duration
2. Ensure coordination of the project at the counties and national level with the Ministry of health and relevant stakeholders
· Organize project coordination forums with external and internal stakeholders
· Actively participate in National and County level coordination programs that are relevant to the project objectives
· Organize project inception, feedback and closure meetings and provide feedback on the project progress and impact
· Ensure effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with donors, CHMTs and other partners within implementing counties
· Act as the focal communication point for the project
3. Continuous monitoring and supervision of project activities evaluating progress and communicating feedback
· Track project performance and regularly update the project monitoring framework
· Document lessons learnt, human interest stories and success stories from the project implementation
· Provide leadership and technical support in implementation of operational study embedded in the project
· Ensure relevant project data are collected, analyzed and reports developed to inform program impact.
4. Provide administration leadership and financial management of the project
· Ensure respect for HKI budgeting and procurement procedures for the program.
· Support and facilitate the logistics activities of the project particularly in relation to purchasing supplies and equipment for the project activities to ensuring quality and timeliness
· Manage project budget to ensure all expenses are within the approved limits and meet HKI standards regarding financial management, accountability and good governance.
· Provide support to the project staff through coaching and mentorship, foster teamwork through regular communication, information sharing, and provide opportunity for feedback
- Master of Nutrition, public health or equivalent
- At least five years’ experience in humanitarian programs
- Excellent English writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in nutrition and health projects management and coordination
- Good knowledge of vitamin A supplementation and deworming programs policies and strategies in Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced statistical analysis and operational research
- Ability to analyse data and produce quality reports
- Ability to validate and interpret health data
- Excellent communication, representation and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of donors’ proposals, budgets, and reports
- Able to prioritise clearly, oversee multiple tasks, set clear objectives for staff and delegate.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
How to apply:
Terms and conditions
One-year contract preferred start date 1st March - Staff to based in Kilifi with frequent travel
How to apply
Interested candidates to send their cover letter and a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline of application is 1st February 2021.
HELEN KELLER INTL:
- DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
- DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
- DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
· We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individual with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.
Apply to Job