Program Coordinator - Bangladesh
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
BIBLIOTHEQUES SANS FRONTIERES/ LIBRARIES WITHOUT BORDERS
Bibliothèques Sans Frontières / Libraries Without Borders (BSF) is a global NGO working to provide quality access to information and education to the most vulnerable populations. Since 2007, BSF has been bringing knowledge to those who are deprived of it. To achieve this, we work alongside field actors to create strategies for the dissemination of knowledge.
BSF has partnered with hundreds of local organizations worldwide to establish safe spaces where affected populations can actively engage in activities, promoting social cohesion, peace-building, and individual and collective healing in critical conditions such as displacement, conflict and post-conflict or after a natural disaster.
A 3 pillar approach:
· INNOVATIVE TOOLS: To reduce barriers in access to information & education
· TAILOR-MADE CONTENT: To respond to the identified needs of the targeted populations
· FACILITATION & TRAINING: To maximise impact of the programs and tools
The Ideas Box, and ultra-portable multimedia center, and the Ideas Cube, a 100% autonomous server for collective and intensive use, have been developed by BSF to provide educational and cultural resources to vulnerable groups around the globe. Bibliothèques Sans Frontières offers a catalog of open access content with over 30,000 resources available in 24 languages.
PROGRAMME IN BANGLADESH
Bangladesh has been on the front line of the Rohingya crisis for over 30 years. Since the events of the 25th of August 2017, more than 671,000 Rohingyas have crossed the border between Myanmar and Bangladesh. Today, there are nearly 1 million refugees in the country. The sudden increase in the number of Rohingya arrivals has stretched the capacity of humanitarian organizations operating in Bangladesh. These newcomers are hosted in refugee camps but also in overcrowded makeshift camps, in schools, community centers, religious buildings.
Since 2018, BSF has been conducting interventions aiming at supporting access to education, to information and to strengthen protection of the district's communities in partnership with INGOs and UN agencies.
Ideas Boxes and Ideas Cubes have thus been deployed in partnership with IOM and with INGO partners to enhance the resilience of the Rohingya refugees and host communities on the following:
· Access to information
· Individual and Collective Expression
· Social interaction and peacebuilding
· Non-formal education and life skills
Today, BSF has several projects running in the Cox Bazar district in partnership with various international agencies and local organizations. In 2021, BSF aims at providing additional support to partners to reach a more efficient use of the Ideas Boxes and Ideas Cubes, as well as a deeper rooting of the activities and thus a stronger autonomy of the communities. Exploring potential synergies with new partners will also be a key priority to contribute to providing better access to information and education to additional beneficiaries inside and outside the refugee camps.
BSF is seeking a dynamic and result-oriented Program Coordinator who will play an essential role within our team to support the development of the mission’s operations and to ensure a high-quality program implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), the Bangladesh Program Coordinator is responsible for the proper implementation of BSF’s program in Bangladesh in joint collaboration with our partners in country.
He/She works in close collaboration with the International Program Coordinator at BSF headquarters, he/she is the line manager of the Technical Advisor, the MEAL Advisor and he/she is responsible for the operational teams in the field and the Ideas Box Advisors.
Under the management of the BSF Head of Mission in Bangladesh, the Program Coordinator drives all stages of the programs implementation and ensures expected outcomes, in line with BSF’s strategy and procedures.
In collaboration with the Technical Advisor, he/she will establish the framework and core resources (set of activities/courses/training content) to enhance the deployment of BSF’s expertise. He/She will work in close collaboration with HQ to develop and oversee a monitoring and evaluation framework for the programs.
· Ensure timely and proper implementation of the program, meeting quality and accountability standards, and in line with the project documents & donors’ contract;
· Manage the BSF Program team, strengthen their skills & capacities and provide continuous guidance/performance review;
· Manage the writing of narrative reports;
· Contribute to the budget monitoring of projects and the validation of financial reports in collaboration with the Head of Mission and the finance department;
· Support the partners in the recruitment of the operational teams and share technical advice on the management of the Ideas Box and Ideas Cube and the organization of the teams.
· In collaboration with the HoM and HQ, contribute actively to design the program strategy, to suggest new areas of intervention or partnerships;
· Contribute to the proposal development and ensure timely and quality donor reporting.
· Write funding requests (concept notes, proposals, budgets, etc.) for new partnerships;
· Support the structuration and the design of relevant Standard Operating procedure for the mission;
· Recruit of the staff member under his/her direct management and support with the recruitment of the different position open for the mission;
· Capitalize on the projects (challenges, learnings, failures) through the organization of capitalization workshops with the field teams and BSF team
· Ensure the representation of BSF in sector and coordination meetings when necessary.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in a relevant field (International Relations, Social Sciences, etc…)
· A previous significant and successful experience in a similar coordination position (at field or country level) within an International NGO.
· Understanding of social dynamics in a culturally challenging context
· Experience managing a team
· Knowledge of main institutional donors and of the humanitarian architecture
· Good command of the project cycle and finance reporting
· Mastery of Microsoft Office
· Fluent in English, French would be a strong asset.
· Excellent writing skills
· Flexibility, adaptation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage priorities
· Thorough, organized, and reliable, with the ability to work autonomously
· Strong interest for BSF’s mandate and vision
· Ability to withstand pressure
· Interest for digital education and new technologies is appreciated
· Great sense of humor and good team member!
Conditions of hiring
· Status: Renewable, 6-months fixed contract (CDD d'usage)
· Start date: February 2020
· Location: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
· Salary and benefits: salary based on experience and BSF salary scale, per Diem, insurance, accommodation in BSF Guest House.
· This is an unaccompanied post.
How to apply:
Please fill out the following form (including the sending of CV and cover letter in English) by the 29th of January 2021 : https://www.bibliosansfrontieres.org/nous-aider/travailler-chez-bsf/
Three references with their contact information will be requested.
Apply to Job