NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a strategic Portfolio Lead to be responsible for overall management and quality implementation of the current programme portfolio. This role is based in Pakistran and is offered on a 1 year fixed term contract.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
GAIN Pakistan is seeking a dynamic Portfolio Lead to be directly responsible for the overall management and quality implementation of the current programme portfolio. The GAIN Pakistan portfolio currently comprises of different projects including: Large Scale Food Fortification (LSFF), Engagement with the private sector through SUN Business Network (SBN), Adolescent Nutrition, Commercialization and marketing of Biofortified Crops and COVID-19 related emergency response work. In future there may be more projects added to the portfolio.
The Portfolio Lead will be responsible for developing and delivering the implementation of programmes in line with the GAIN Project Management Processes. You will be further responsible for setting realistic and practical goals for the projects, as well as the accompanying strategies for achieving these goals, ensuring quality project operation and that all financial forecasts and project spending is in line with the agreed budgets.
Role specifics will include;
- Responsible for leading the projects staff to conceptualize and operationalize impactful interventions to improve nutrition outcomes in Pakistan, including providing leadership in GAIN design and implementation QUADS.
- Lead and provide management support to the implementation of all projects / components and ensuring effective and successful delivery of project milestones and results, providing technical support and ensuring an appropriate programme or project management framework in line with GAIN’s Project Management Process.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the high quality and timely delivery of donor reporting (narrative and financial) for all projects/components, as well as compliance with GAIN’s internal reporting processes.
- Ensure that respective donors’ contractual requirements, and all relevant laws and regulations of Pakistan, are fully adhered to by the team, by overseeing the development and implementation of appropriate plans to meet requirements.
- Manage and monitor expenditure against budgets for strategic and annual project plans in adherence to financial guidelines while ensuring value for money
- Acts as an advocate for private sector engagement in nutrition in Pakistan, on behalf of GAIN.
- Ensure that learning from the project experiences are well documented and the evidence is used to further inform programming, as well as advocacy and policy and resource mobilization work.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, presenting clear and structured arguments with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, able to win donors’ commitment to a common vision and clearly stated goals. You will have proven successful people management experience and strong skills in developing strategies, conceptualizing programs, and demonstrating impact on a large scale.
- University level degree in a relevant field such as management, business and marketing, food technology, development studies, economics, agricultural development, or other relevant technical field.
- Robust professional management experience in leading and developing projects in a multi-cultural environment in development sector, in the private sector, food industry etc.
- Strong experience in donor reporting, designing, setting up and coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes.
- Experience in designing and developing new interventions.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working and home working. We will support you to grow in your career through formal and informal professional development opportunities and we offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply:
If interested please apply via;
Apply to Job