Media Assistant (Turkish National Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. Onsur works through the main office is in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria (Aleppo, Idlib, Rural Damascus), Lebanon (Saida, Arsal), and Iraq (Erbil – under construction)
The main responsibility of the Media and Outreach Assistant is to provide support to the Media and Outreach Officer, in terms of creating and publishing the appropriate content of our organization's platforms and following-up the organization's social media. In addition to monitoring and collecting the coverage and news of the organization and its activities, as well as to contributing to media outreach, drafting press releases and news coverage.
Create and publish the appropriate content for organization's platforms.
Manage and supervise the organization platforms on the social media network.
Publish the organization's activities on social media platforms.
Compliance with the editorial and publishing policy of the institution.
Select the appropriate audience, verify their tendency, and select suitable topics for publication.
Follow up on the web sites of other organizations to keep pace with the professional and design levels and to improve the levels of production of the body in line with them.
Conduct paid media campaigns on Google, Facebook, and Twitter (if financial resources are available).
Schedule and commit to the required tasks in a timely manner.
Continuous development of tools and programs used and keeping pace with the evolution of creative ideas for designs.
Contribute to media outreach and monitor the publication of the organization.
Developing new creative ideas that reflect the achievements of the organization.
Monthly report on the smooth functioning and problems of the work.
Other tasks may be required depending on expansion, pressure and change in organizational structures.
Video montage and introduction and upload it to the organization's YouTube channel if necessary.
Education: Arts Department (Design Section) - Press and Media - Film and Television
Experience: more than 3 years (Two years of creative work)- preference for those who have management experience
Abilities and Professional skills
- MS Office Skills especially (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Full understanding of the principle and concept of Humanitarian work context as well as the context of conflict.
- Experience in the humanitarian context and actors from organizations, networks, individuals, and States.
- Narrative Reporting skills
- Documentation and archival skills
- Photography experience (photo-video)
- Experience in managing social networks.
- Experience in website management
- Experience in montage, design, and visual arts in general
- Capacity to write and edit media news.
- Adobe program skills (Photoshop – InDesign – Illustrator)
- Presentation skills.
- Problems solving skills.
- Organization, analysis, and proper assessment skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Flexibility to work and adapt to new environments and multicultural.
- Compliance to organization's policies.
- Time management skills.
- Stress tolerance skills.
- Interactive, communication skills.
- Self-development commitment skills and continuous learning.
- Technological awareness skills.
How to apply:
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.
Apply to Job