Math & Science Teacher
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Still I Rise, an international NGO that works on the development and implementation of humanitarian projects aimed at the education and support of refugee children and teenagers, is looking for an Math Teacher to join its current staff.
The selected person will join the Education Department and will be responsible for teaching a diverse population of eager students in a transient educational environment.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The Math Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities.
Still I Rise runs education programs within our international school in Nairobi, which serve displaced and disadvantaged students aged 8-17 years.
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Math lessons for a diverse class of 10-15 year olds.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with Educational Manager
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the Educational Manager
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to contribute to the development of the academic curriculum, working independently and as a part of the team
- Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with Educational Manager
- Professional Development: Attend trainings and professional development meetings
- Excellent knowledge of the English language written and oral
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in teaching Math full time
- Residence in Nairobi or in the surrounding areas
- TSC number
- CV in English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Experience teaching children and teenagers
- Experience working for an international NGO
How to apply:
Send your CV, TSC number and cover letter to email@example.com
Apply to Job