Manager, Global Fundraising
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job title: Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Department: Global Fundraising
Based in Washington, DC or Remote Eligible
Up to 30**%** international & domestic travel
Reports to the Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Global Fundraising
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Global Fundraising team sparks innovation within PSI by matching risk-tolerant donors to high-impact projects and systems across the firm. In collaboration with colleagues across the globe, we identify and find funding for transformational projects and investments in global public health. We collaborate closely with corporations, private philanthropists, and foundations to conceptualize the future of global health and translate those visions into reality.
PSI is looking for an accomplished individual for the role of Manager, Strategic Partnerships, to support and facilitate the development of approaches and new partnerships that test new ideas in global health and drive towards PSI's strategic vision.
This unique role works across global teams and sectors, essentially breaking silos. You will collaborate with PSI partners across the private, public, and social sectors, as well as programmatic, technical, and field teams to facilitate the design of scalable, sustainable projects that test innovations in global health.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with the private sector, and a knack for motivating colleagues who do not report to you – creating and navigating strong professional relationships and informal networks. We need you to think and dream big but have the agility to zoom from the forest to the trees, and to dive into and manage the day-to-day details. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, leading teams to consensus, forging new partnerships, and be a self-starter who can run with an idea with minimal supervision.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will support the Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships to work across the organization to support in the identification and codification of a pipeline of innovative projects and partnerships that directly contribute towards PSI's strategic plan.
You will also be support in the following areas:
- Liaises with other PSI departments to proactively foster, and potentially lead, inter-departmental communication, understanding, and collaboration.
- Collaborate across PSI's regional, technical, and global network of 40 countries to develop concrete ideas that build towards PSI's strategic plan – such as innovative financing mechanisms, social enterprise, self-care, digital health solutions, and reproductive health. ensuring these ideas are effectively communicated to the fundraising team - via compelling concept briefs, concept notes and proposals.
Non-Technical Writing & Communicating
- Supports development of team communications, collateral development, campaigns, strategy development and execution.
- May manage support staff and may also provide direction, communication, and coordination to technical teams.
Co-Creation, Prospecting, & Partnerships
- Lead on prospecting research on potential new donors and sees connections to PSI's work.
- Work with a number of members as the liaison and client manager between programs, country teams and PSI.
- Manages a portfolio of partners and projects. External representation of PSI with partners and prospects to deliver on annual fundraising and partnership goals/targets. Identifies ways to and executes on integrating partners into the work.
- Maintain oversight of program implementation to communicate effectively with funding partners, internal colleagues and external audiences. Qualifications
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field of study, such as communications, international studies, or project design; Master's preferred
- You have at least 7 years of experience of relevant work experience in corporate social responsibility, creating shared value, corporate partnerships, concept development, and/or fundraising.
- Solid foundational knowledge of fundraising techniques and approaches.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to proofread documents. Ability to competently represent PSI externally and in-person at events and speaking engagements.
- -Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management. Experience using Salesforce preferred
- -Demonstrated dedication to operational excellence, as exhibited by ability to learn and comply with established processes, organize and accurately maintain records, identify problems and suggest improvements, and to tackle new challenges.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a portfolio of quality written products for a variety of formats (e.g., concept briefs, project talking points, concept presentations, proposals, etc.)
- International experience in a developing country and/or an understanding of the pressures and demands of country programs is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
What would get us excited?
Sophisticated Communicator. You present yourself as an articulate, polished and sophisticated individual and have experience interacting comfortably with high-level individuals and groups, including persons of high wealth. You listen carefully as well as give advice and respect the abilities of others. You are transparent and share openly.
Understanding of Partnerships. Experience in creating partnerships and leading coalitions to drive innovative ideas and programs. The ability to work across teams and drive collective impact in new and unconventional ways. Experience working on one or more of the following programs would be consider an advantage: digital health, self-care, social enterprise, multi-sector partnerships, and primary health care solutions.
Team Player: You like to work closely with a team and across teams and can navigate a matrix of reporting lines and responsibilities to achieve common objectives; you foster collaboration and support your colleagues. You have demonstrated a strong leadership capacity and ability to work well with a team. Informal influence and the ability to build consensus is critical.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.
How to apply:
Apply to Job