Livelihoods Project Coordinator - Turkish Nationals Only
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization aims to enhance the Employability of the displacement-affected persons is strengthened through skills training and linkages to employment opportunities. In partnership with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and through four training and business development centres in Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Şanlıurfa, and Kilis; Orange provides several counselling, coaching, as well as short- and long-term training opportunities. In addition, Orange conducts market mapping activities to explore available job opportunities and secure job linkage for the targeted beneficiaries. All these activities are being implemented under the Turkey livelihoods project named “**Bridges II**”.
The Project Coordinator will be line managed by the livelihoods project manager and will be responsible for the implementation of comprehensive livelihood activities in the targeted location within Orange’s program framework and in line with Orange’s standards. The Coordinator will be responsible for line managing the Sanliurfa staff, leading and overseeing the implementation of planned activities, participate in the designing of tools, and overall supervision the training center’s activities to ensure proper implementation with full adherence to donors’ requirements.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Oversee livelihoods center’s activities in accordance with agreed work plans;
- In coordination with the Livelihoods Project Manager, participate in the development of Orange livelihoods programming and enrolment of new ideas in the project feedback mechanism;
- Ensure that a risk analysis in the area of intervention is in place and regularly updated;
- Track the activities’ progress within the area of operations and ensure proper collection of project’s indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports according to donor and other applicable timeframes and formats;
- Report all center’s activities within the agreed deadline with adherence to the project’s requirements and reporting formats;
- Ensure confidentiality and data security controls processes are in place and complied with by Livelihoods center’s staff;
- Identify and advocate for opportunities to mainstream and expand livelihoods activities;
- Review and authorize program financial documents, including reviewing vouchers and supporting documentation in line with donor rules and regulations;
- Monitor protection risks and needs in projects sites on a regular basis in alignment with project requirements;
- Report immediately all projects’ security challenges and ensure proper incident reports are submitted;
- Collaborate with M&E team to ensure monitoring activities are in place and relevant to measure the impact of livelihoods programmes and the quality of activities;
- Contribute to the development of monitoring mechanisms for internal learning and appropriate programme adjustments in response to new opportunities/challenges
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring of programme staff, ensuring clarity over programme plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork;
- Ensure related staff are aware of, and understand the M&E methodologies and requirements including monthly data collection, analysis and reporting to all key stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Provide technical contribution to the design of M&E tools and support MEAL team in data analysis.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of programme objectives, and provide opportunities for feedback and learning;
- In coordination with HR department, contribute to the staff capacity building based on identified needs and capacity building plans;
- Contribute to the liaison with Turkish institutions and local authorities, local NGO partners and CBOs concerning livelihoods activities and project implementation;
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Orange’s Code of Conduct;
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Livelihoods Project Manager.
- business administration, Economy, or any relevant field of study..
- At least 3 years of proven work experience within the field of livelihoods with at least two years in livelihoods project implementation in Turkey;
- Excellent proven technical knowledge;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders;
- Very good reporting skills;
- Sound judgment and ability to make impartial recommendations;
- Very good computer skills including MS office.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral and written )
- Experience delivering capacity building training and materials development is preferred;
- Hard-working, proactive, and able to prioritize and delegate a demanding workload.
- Turkish Nationality is required.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.
**Due to the urgency of this position, Orange reserves the right to fill this position before the above mentioned deadline.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are required to fill this form via this link by 22 January 2021.
Due to the urgency of this position, Orange reserves the right to fill this position before the above mentioned deadline.
Apply to Job