Laboratory and Diagnostics Technical Advisor
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is in search of candidates for Laboratory and Diagnostics Technical Advisor position to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines. The Laboratory and Diagnostics Technical Advisor is responsible for managing all laboratory diagnostic network strengthening activities of the project in the country. The Advisor will provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, National TB Program and stakeholders in developing or updating laboratory strategies and to take the lead in planning and implementing activities to improve quality and performance of laboratory services.
The position will be based at TB Innovations office in Makati City, Philippines and will report directly to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent on final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of the Laboratory network strategic plan, work plans and quality management system.
- Provide technical support and mentorship in the planning, conduct, and reporting of assessments, audits, and accreditation-ready inspections of Tuberculosis clinical laboratories against ISO 15189 or other standards performing services to the Laboratory System Strengthening component of the TBIHSS.
- Provide advisory services to the NTRL as well as other stakeholders on the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives upon request to build Tuberculosis laboratory capacity and quality with reference to ISO 15189 or other standards and requirements.
- Provide technical support with implementation of new innovative diagnostic systems strengthening.
- Provide technical and coordination support as needed for implementation of quality assurance program for clinical laboratories for TB diagnostics.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of diagnostic network strengthening activities such as specimen referral and transport system, Laboratory information management system (Laboratory connectivity) and expansion of molecular diagnostic tests.
- Provide technical assistance to laboratories and others as needed and requested as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement schemes.
- Provide expert advice in preparation of training materials, SOPs, job aids and deliver trainings to TB laboratories.
- Coordinate and support selection, procurement, distribution, and maintenance of laboratory supplies and instrumentations for laboratories performing services and duties as needed.
- · Provide technical assistance to NTP/ NTRL for expanding specimen referral system, lab connectivity and data management/reporting.
- · Work with the NTRL leadership to enhance and oversee the TB diagnostic network, update the diagnostic algorithm and conduct FL/SL culture, DST and LPA.
- Provide technical assistance to establish new TB diagnostics as they become available and in the implementation of Laboratory Information System.
- Provide technical assistance to NTRL for implementation of Biosafety and biosecurity measures in TB Laboratories.
- Provide technical assistance to develop infection prevention control policies, laboratory biosafety/biosecurity manual and waste management guidelines and help to ensure safe working practices in TB laboratories.
- Assist in developing work plans, power point presentations and reports, and represent project/organization wherever required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in biological or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline or specialization is required.
- At least with a 5-year experience working with TB diagnostics and/or TB laboratory systems strengthening.
- At least with a 5-year related work experience in a senior laboratory management position and/or a 7-year laboratory quality assurance, quality control and auditing position required.
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude to perform quality assurance laboratory audits and assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring staff and others;
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly the Ministry of Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in private sector laboratory and diagnostics is preferred
- Ability to travel in country for 20-25% of the time
How to apply:
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to FHI360 Career Site and/or to email@example.com in single pdf file on or before February 5, 2021. Please indicate the name of position applied for in the subject line following this heading format: FHI360-TBIHSS-Position Applied For-Last Name of Applicant (Example: FHI360-TBIHSS-Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor-Cruz). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Apply to Job