IT Trainer and Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are seeking, on behalf of an international non-profit organization, an individual to act as the next IT and Training Manager of the Philippines Programme. Our client is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. They work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, the client currently trains around 500 students and employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France. It relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom and Microsoft and also receives support from individual donors. In the Philippines, the client started its mission in 2009, with a training center based in Cebu, in the central region of the Visayas.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a dynamic international NGO that helps to transform lives every day.
CONTEXT AND MISSION:
In partnership with the University of San Carlos - Talamban Campus (USC-TC), our client provides intensive and comprehensive IT training to provide students with relevant digital employability skills for the booming IT industry. Designed to match local company needs, it includes theoretical, practical and innovative training.
So far, the client is looking for an IT & Training Manager for its training program in Cebu. S/he ensures that the client delivers a top quality training matching the needs of the Philippines’ market and enables underprivileged students getting access to IT qualified jobs, and is responsible for the smooth running of the IT infrastructure of the Client in Philippines. S/he directly reports to client General Manager with the support from transversal advisors and closely cooperates with our training delivery’s partner, the University of San Carlos, and client’s Education Team and the External Relations Department.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or Management Information Systems
- 5 years of professional experience in the IT industry (Software Development is preferred) and/or other relevant position, IT market knowledge, capacity to self-train and learn on new IT trends and technologies;
- Good training skills in the IT area;
- Experience in training and/or TVET, motivation and expectations to commit to a job in the development area as a training manager;
- Knowledge of web apps and mobile apps architecture, components and development lifecycle
- Proficient in Google Suite usage
- Creative and inventive, Open-minded, Visionary, Resourceful
- Good management and organization skills; Good communication skills
- Proficiency in English both verbal and written communication;
- French is an added asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT & Training Manager is in charge of the following tasks:
· Improve and develop continuously the curricula matching local IT market’s needs and incorporate innovative teaching methods and technologies
· Design and adjust the syllabus content based on the feedback from the companies and adapt to existing program provided by the university
· Supervise and ensure the quality of the training in relation with USC
· Manage training activities: resources, rooms, schedules, etc.
· Design the students’ assessment
· Find ways to motivate poor level students and improve in their studies
· Manage, coach and evaluate :
An Academic Officer in charge of academic affairs and relations with USC
A Professional Life Trainer in charge of designing and implementing soft skills training and preparing the students in terms of professional behavior
An IT Training Officer in charge of identifying students’ difficulties in following the training, and offering them tutorials, exercises and remedial classes
· An Innovative Technologies Trainer in charge of running activities around robotics and IoT
· Organize trainer’s work in line with training plans
· Follow up on the dedicated trainers in USC
· Design, propose and coordinate (in link with the client headquarters) short volunteering missions from partner companies to support the training and/or the trainers
· Manage the IT Infrastructure: internet connection, servers, and computer laboratories and offices (70 desktop units), and laptop devices (40 units)
· Manage and evaluate a Systems & Networks Administrator in charge of server and network administration and IT support for staff and students
· Make sure the infrastructure is aligned with the needs of students' training
· Formulate needs of computers, servers, and network devices; include them in purchasing budget, and in donation solicitations to partner companies, through client’s headquarters and External Relations teams
· Support staff and provide solutions when they are facing IT issues
· Administrate Google Suite Apps to support students and staff work
Relation with Other Institutions
· Ensure the good relationship with the University of San Carlos, specifically the Department of Computer and Information Science; establish relationships with teachers and provide the suitable support regarding the client’s students’ needs
· Together with the Education Team, follow up the quantitative and qualitative results of the training delivered by the university
· Together with the External Relations Team, meet up and collect companies’ requirements and feedback on student’s performance and technical skills during the internship
· Build and maintain a network of IT professionals and entrepreneurs in Cebu in order to source potential volunteers and participate in IT events
· Contribute in the transversal project development in cooperation with other two Centers in Cambodia and Vietnam
STATUS AND CONDITIONS:
· VSI/Regular Contract with competitive salary, insurance package and paid leaves
· Committed to work in NGO set-up
· Can work in multicultural and dynamic environment
specific benefits for both local applicants and international candidates.
How to apply:
Applications: an updated CV and a motivation letter should be submitted to email@example.com under the title: DRS ref. number 10915: IT and Training Manager
Note* Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client's procedures.
Apply to Job