Iraq Conflict/Stabilization Expert, USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), Erbil, Iraq
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Iraq Conflict/Stabilization Expert,
USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mozambique. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
USAID relies on third-party monitoring (TPM) to provide independent monitoring data to inform management decisions and corrective actions. The PMES activity will provide on-the-ground monitoring, verification and reporting services for USG contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements in Iraq. A team of 10 full-time Iraqi Field Monitors (IFMs) will be tasked with providing activity verification, oversight and performance/outcome monitoring for USAID activities across all 18 provinces. In addition to the IFMs, PMES seeks the services of a small cadre of Short-term Monitoring Specialists (STMS) who will provide monitoring services on an as-need basis, usually within their governorate of residence.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking an Iraq Conflict and Stabilization Expert to provide subject-matter expertise on the Evaluation Team for the Performance Evaluation of 100 Solutions for Stability. This person will participate in all phases of the evaluation, supporting the Evaluation Team Leader (TL) and the entire Evaluation Team to conduct the evaluation. The evaluation will take place over a period of approximately three years, with over 100 days of LOE spread out over that period. Work is expected to commence mid-February 2021. The Expert will report to the evaluation Team Leader under the technical oversight of the PMES Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and is expected to work closely the entire evaluation team.
- Assess the implementing partner's progress against timelines and benchmarks in implementation/work plans
- Review the existence of appropriate internal controls to ensure the delivery of services to intended beneficiaries
- Review compliance with pertinent USG and USAID regulations, laws and policies
- Conduct checks of the timeliness and quality of activity inputs and outputs
- Confirm the accuracy of data reported by partners in the quarterly and annual reports
- Ensure services are reaching eligible and intended beneficiaries
- Gather feedback on the quality and relevance of training and technical assistance programs
- Verify the proper and safe storage of commodities
- Verify sub-contractor/grantee compliance with sub-contract/grant terms
- Verify compliance with quality and safety measures for construction and rehabilitation programs
- Determine whether preliminary outcomes are proceeding as expected
- Work with local authorities and coordinate with respective IPs to obtain access to sites
- Prepare site visit reports using prepared monitoring forms, uploading data in a timely manner and in accordance with protocols
- Collect quality data and meet the assigned site visit targets
- Help the team develop new and better ways to use MEL to support USAID/Iraq and its implementing partners to improve the lives of Iraqis
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline required, PhD preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience conducting research or working in the development sector specifically managing, assessing, evaluating conflict/stabilization programs
- Specific experience in evaluation of foreign assistance with organizations like USAID, the United Nations, or the World Bank preferred
- Work experience in Iraq preferred
- Professional/research background in Iraq conflict and stabilization issues preferred
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues
- Solid understanding of the Iraqi context
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage the data collection process, including conducting, coding, analyzing KIIs, FGD and undertaking program needs analysis
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donors that invest in conflict and stabilization
- Arabic and English fluency required, Kurdish fluency preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How to apply:
Apply to Job