Institutional Monitoring and Reporting Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Strategy and Policy Planning Unit
The position is based in the Strategy and Policy Planning Unit (DGO-SP) of the Office of the Director-General which supports the Director-General in strengthening strategic and policy coherence, improving knowledge management, and coordinating institutional monitoring and reporting.
The incumbent will contribute to strengthening IDLO’s capacity to monitor and report on results against the Strategic Plan 2021-2024 and results framework. will support internal data monitoring and the production of institutional reports based on IDLO’s new monitoring system. It will play an instrumental role in operationalizing IDLO’s Strategic Results and Resources Framework (SRRF) and ensuring that information and results are properly captured, analyzed, synthetized, and translated into high-quality institutional reports. **
Under the supervision of the Chief, Strategy and Policy Planning Unit, and working in close collaboration with relevant teams across the organization, the Institutional Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the operationalization of the SRRF for IDLO’s Strategic Plan 2021-2024 to measure and report progress against the Plan’s Strategic Objectives and Organizational Enablers.
- Develop institutional monitoring and reporting mechanisms and support the alignment of program monitoring tools to the SRRF.
- Maintain and organize the collection of relevant institutional data, including results emerging from projects and programs.
- Support the implementation of institutional performance indicators, analyze,and synthesize emerging results.
- In close cooperation with the Data and Knowledge Management Specialist, refine and harmonize indicators, data collection methodologies and timelines for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Coordinate and take responsibility to produce IDLO’s primary institutional reports (annual, periodic, donor-focused), in line with institutional processes and procedures, ensuring that such documents capture progress, effectiveness, and impact of activities.
- Ensure that results of report reviews are constructively fed back to departments to enhance learning and knowledge management.
- Support internal and external learning exercises and gathering of lessons learned from the implementation of.
- Prepare briefings and presentations summarizing institutional results, as needed.
- Work closely with the External Relations and Partnerships team and other relevant units to ensure accurate and effective data visualization, graphics, and maps.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experiences
- Advanced university degree in law, social sciences development studies or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of post-graduate experience in monitoring and reporting functions, preferably in an international organization.
- Proven experience in development and rule of law-related themes.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, Spanish, Arabic, or Russian will be an asset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing institutional and program M&E system.
- Excellent report writing skills at publication standards.
- Strong understanding of data and analytics for featuring relevant information for external audiences.
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthesizing comprehensive information and technical data.
- Strong communication and networking ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across the organization, departments, and field offices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer and Microsoft office programs and other electronic sources in research activities.
- Keeps abreast of all institutional developments to prepare appropriate reports, background notes, and other documentation as required.
- Good team player, keen to learn, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to work on multiple different projects at once while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization.
- Excellent time management skills, and capable of working under pressure and handling stress;**
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
For this professional internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract for 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 58,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs, as necessary.
How to apply:
Applications will be received through the following link:
Apply to Job