Health & Nutrition Program Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
You will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects related to ongoing Health activities, including planning, organizing, leading staff and controlling Health portfolio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the delivery of the overall Health portfolio and its activities in accordance with the vision and goals of SEMA and under the supervision and coordination with programs director.
- Provide guidance and direction to the programs team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Contribute and lead programs development efforts by identifying opportunities and working with partnerships and grants team in drafting proposals with direct coordination with Programs director.
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with health programmatic activities and, in coordination with stakeholders inside SEMA, take appropriate action to control and mitigate risks.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and programs reports as per grants and donor agreement.
- maintain systems for programs operations in accordance with SEMA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that health programs activities comply with donors’ legislation and professional and humanitarian standards.
- Provide guidance to health programs staff on all issues related to programs implementation.
- In coordination and collaboration with the MEAL Department, develop a programs evaluation system to assess the strengths of each program and to identify and implement action plans regarding areas for improvement.
- Follow up Monitoring and Evaluation reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the programs, as appropriate.
- Prepare an annual employment plan to health programs department, and update quarterly according to grants.
- Develop an annual health program budget and operating plan to support the programs, coordination closely with all other key departments including finance, HR, and supply chain.
- In collaboration with Programs director and Finance Manager maintain of all programs financial activities and monitor the budget for each health program.
- Manage all health projects funds according to established accounting policies and procedures as per SEMA regulations and donor compliance.
- The ability and flexibility to represent SEMA, when assigned by senior management, at conferences, training, or donor meetings, when needed.
- Maintain effective communication and relations with donors and other stakeholders.
- Building capacity of health programs’ teams using: orienting, training, coaching, counselling, communicating job expectations, planning, and monitoring.
- Accomplish human resource objectives by developing job descriptions, selecting, assigning, scheduling, and appraising/disciplining employees, and reviewing job contributions, and reviewing compensation actions.
- Prepare a bi-weekly written report to the senior management on all aspects of the programs, activities and challenges, threats or risks.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of SEMA’s quality of work.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager when required
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies:
- A Bachelor degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacology or any other medical fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance, including a minimum of 3 years in Health programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards and Syrian context.
- Excellent knowledge in programs life cycles.
- High skills in planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing and problem solving.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manager remote teams.
- Certified in PMD Pro1 & PMD Pro2
- PMP is a strong plus.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills and has a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures.
- People management skills that include diplomacy.
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
- Unique LSRW skills of both English and Arabic.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality technical advice and support
- Leadership skills
- Quality reports and other strategic documents drafted and submitted in a timely manner
- Timely and quality knowledge products
- Service and work Quality
- Strong relationships with various partners
- SEMA is well represented in important meetings on topics related to expertise.
- Team Spirit
- Respect for Diversity
- Displays positive and professional attitude
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication; Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
- Leading by Example
- Client Orientation
- A challenging and exciting position in a positive and professional environment.
- Net salary range that will be up to 2600 USD.
- Fixed term contract 42.5 h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- On-the-job training and orientation opportunities.
- Training Opportunities.
- Opportunity to take initiative and release your ideas and plans.
- Passionate team to work with.
PSEA, Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policies
SEMA explicitly prohibits and will not tolerate any forms of discrimination, abuse, exploitation, harassment, violations (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Employees of SEMA and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, abuse or exploitation (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SEMA as we consider involvement of humanitarian workers in acts of sexual exploitation and abuse or any other kind of discrimination is a grave violation of our responsibility to do no harm and to protect people affected by crises.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all its forms is unacceptable to SEMA, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its activities. SEMA is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
How to apply:
SEMA is looking for a high potential-**talented** and professional with positive attitude person.
You are interested!
We encourage you to check out the opportunities at SEMA and join our team!
If you are interested in the above post, you can visit our vacancies page in SEMA website and apply for it by filling out the application.
We appreciate your interest in joining professional team of SEMA.
We encourage qualified female applicants and qualified nationals to apply.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply.
All applications will be dealt with the strictest confidence.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to conduct an HR and a technical test in Gaziantep office.
SEMA's team is waiting for the new talented member.
Deadline of applying will be 05th of February.
Apply to Job