Head of Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning Unit*
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
You will manage three thematic areas: The technical experts around the topic Food Security (Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, Nutrition, WASH, Economic Development, Civil Society Promotion), the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) team and ICT4D (Information and Communication Technologies for Development).
With your team, you will support Welthungerhilfe's country offices in the implementation of programmes in development cooperation and humanitarian aid. You will also ensure that cross-cutting issues are anchored in the programmes worldwide. In this way, you contribute to the implementation of Welthungerhilfe's "One Planet - Zero Hunger" strategy.
- Leadership and strategic direction of the Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning unit.
- Further development of strategies, concepts and methods to fight hunger in cooperation with Welthungerhilfe's country offices and other units.
Strengthen the quality of country programmes and projects in close collaboration with other units in the programme department.
Ensure networking and collaboration with internal organizational units, such as Innovation and Policy and external partner organizations, research institutions, think tanks, and other stakeholders.
Expand knowledge management and organizational learning approaches.
Evaluating relevant trends, external initiatives, and innovations.
- You have completed a university or polytechnic degree
- You have at least five years of professional and management experience in a development policy context, ideally some of it abroad.
- You are experienced in knowledge management and organizational learning.
- You are experienced in agile methods and analytical thinking.
- You have a high degree of cooperation skills and succeed in creating internal and external networks.
- You are open to new trends and innovations and react flexibly to changing conditions.
- Willingness to travel at short notice in Germany and abroad
- Very good knowledge of English, knowledge of German and French would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 28, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Ina Stepka.
Apply to Job