NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Our mission is to save the lives of severely malnourished children while helping communities become self-sufficient. Recognized as a world leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger has pursued its vision of a world without hunger for almost four decades, combating hunger in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity. With more than 8,000 staff in nearly 50 countries, our programs in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, water, sanitation, and hygiene, reach more than 20 million people each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Action Against Hunger Canada is looking for Gender Officer to support our growing portfolio of gender technical services. The Gender Officer will conduct gender analyses; support capacity building initiatives; support the communications and marketing of gender technical services and will engage, motivate and mobilize the Action Against Hunger network’s gender taskforce.
Under the direct supervision of the Gender Advisor and in close collaboration with the Head of Professional Services and the International Gender Unit the Gender Officer will:
1. Technical support
· Conduct Gender Analysis exercises (remotely and/or in-country) this will include, but is not limited to: defining methodology, facilitating inception workshops, conducting training of teams for data collection, collecting, coding, analyzing, interpreting and reviewing data and secondary sources, drafting gender analysis reports, conducting final workshops.
· Support country team in the interpretation of gender analysis finding and integration of those finding into programmes.
· Coordinate administrative efforts for the International Gender Unit technical services (ie. discussions on technical services with country offices, developing Terms of Reference, drafting contracts).
· Ensure the administration of an annual learning calendar (ie. participant registration, management and engagement, pre and post-training tests and evaluations).
· Support Gender Advisors in the development and delivery of new training curricula when and where relevant.
2. I**nternal and External Coordination**
· Ensure that a strategy is in place for the engagement and coordination of the gender taskforce: gender champions and focal points.
· Engage, motivate and mobilize gender champions through dynamic meetings, learning events and dedicated social media.
3. Business Development
· Coordinate specific technical content and collaborate with communications department to produce external marketing materials.
· Support Head of Professional Services in market assessment exercises.
· Support the maintenance of a roster of consultants.
· Attend planning sessions, team meetings and annual performance reviews as required.
· Pro-active exchange and collaboration with Action Against Hunger Canada team members and the International Network.
· Ensure an on-going process of personal professional development and learning.
· Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Master’s Degree in relevant discipline in a field related to social sciences, humanitarian, or gender studies and/or equivalent experience gained.
· Minimum of 2 years working experience.
· Demonstrated experience conducting socio/economic or anthropological studies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Fluency in English and French or Spanish in both oral and written communications.
· Demonstrated understanding of the creation of an enabling environment for gender equality and PSEA prevention in the workplace and in programming.
· Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of GE/GBV issues across a variety of different cultural, socio economic, and emergency contexts.
· Solid understanding and commitment to humanitarian principles.
· Demonstrated project cycle management understanding.
· Excellent writing and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated experience in the management of data.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including demonstration of cultural awareness, diplomacy and tact.
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines, and to multi-task.
· Positive attitude and strong analytical, interpersonal and coordination skills.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications.
· Previous experience working internationally (field work) for a humanitarian/development organization is an asset.
Action Against Hunger Canada is committed to promoting the well-being of people around the world and focuses its efforts on saving the lives through the elimination of hunger. Action Against Hunger Canada has a zero-tolerance policy for any behavior violating our code of conduct, including workplace violence, harassment and sexual harassment, any form of exploitation and abuse, corruption, fraud and any behavior lacking integrity. Action Against Hunger actively recruits new team members who demonstrate a commitment to our organizational values and principals.
We actively welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities and others who may contribute to our organizational diversity and who share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
All employment offers with Action Against Hunger Canada are conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references and the signing our code of conduct and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy. Certain positions may be subject to appropriate screening checks.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by February 5, 2021. To access the job advert online to apply click here.
To learn more about Action Against Hunger, visit our website at www.actionagainsthunger.ca
Apply to Job