NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Country of residence – remote position
3-6 months (dependent on availability)
The Freetown Foundation is a UK-registered charity working to promote the arts in Sierra Leone.
To do this we carry out a range of activities:
We arrange artistic workshops and writing camps for Sierra Leonean and International artists. An example of the output of this work can be found here:
We are developing an arts venue in Freetown, Sierra Leone, to promote live music, film and art.
Our vision is to provide a platform for international exposure of the depth of talent in Sierra Leone, while developing employment opportunities in the arts sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Freetown Foundation is looking to expand, and so the primary focus for the Intern will be fundraising. The Intern will focus on two main areas of fundraising, small foundations and trusts (identifying opportunities and proposal-writing) and will support social media promotion. There may also be an opportunity for the Intern to be involved in the scoping and design of new programmes alongside the Foundation’s management team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
· Research and identify fundraising opportunities
· Proposal and report writing
· Manage small grants database
· Support the organisation with event fundraising
· Contribute to promotional and social media content
· Support administrative work
· Passionate about promoting the arts in Africa
· Ability to work effectively with others in a cross-cultural environment
· Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines whilst maintaining standards
· Outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
· Undergraduate degree from a recognised University
· Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
· Self-starter, works well with little supervision and within the scope of the role
· Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Experience of developing and writing funding proposals
· Experience of developing programme budgets
· Experience of writing donor reports
· Experience in a health care setting (service delivery, policy etc.)
· Previous experience of travelling or working in Low- or Middle-Income Countries
· Krio or other local language ability
What you can expect to get from this experience
· Experience with an international NGO
· Support from a dedicated team
· Insight into the day-to-day running of an international NGO based in one of the world’s poorest countries
GENERAL POLICIES PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
All employees and volunteers at the Freetown Foundation are expected to comply with the general duties outlined below and detailed in full in our policies.
The Freetown Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to behave in such a way thatsupports this commitment.
The Freetown Foundation complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Equality and Diversity
The Freetown Foundation is committed to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities in volunteering and employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities and are given equal opportunities within the organisation. It is the Freetown Foundation’s policy as an employer to treat all people equally irrespective of race, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sex, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief.
Given travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Programmes Intern will be expected to work remotely alongside our CEO.
In the future, there may be an opportunity for Programme Intern's to work from our office in Sierra Leone.
This job description is a guide to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. The duties of the post may be varied from time to time in response to changing circumstances.
How to apply:
APPLICATION PROCESS: While we have an open application process we encourage potential applicants to submit as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, CV, and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject title: Application – Fundraising Intern
Please include the following in your cover letter (2 pages maximum):
a. Reasons for applying to this position
b. Overview of key experience related to this post
c. Your country of residence and nationality
d. Date you are able to commence and duration of availability
For any queries relating to the position, please email email@example.com
Apply to Job