Fraud & Compliance Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Border Consortium (TBC) works with conflict affected communities in SE Burma/Myanmar and 9 refugee camps in Thailand building preparedness for return and reintegration of displaced people. Through local partners and community led processes, TBC supports access to Food, shelter, capacity building for community management, and rehabilitation of conflicted affected communities. Now we are URGENTLY seeking Fraud & Compliance Specialist to join the team.
The Fraud and Compliance Specialist, under the direct supervision of TBC Executive Director, ensures that TBC and local partners follow best practices related to fraud and corruption within the humanitarian environment. This position will coordinate fraud and risk management activities across all of TBC offices and programmes. This position will ensure that TBC has the necessary tools to identify, assess, monitor, and control fraud.
This job reports to Executive Director.
Type of Employment/ Location:
Full time-open ended contract/ Bangkok
Core Responsibilities & Duties
· Work with TBC senior management to design an effective strategic framework for the prevention, detection, investigation and recovery of loss related to fraud, as per TBC policy and NGO standards.
· Establish and monitor key risk indicators. Lead on the Risk Matrix assessment.
· Implement corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks.
· Maintain reports of significant risks and recommendations.
· Recommend policies, procedures, and control assessments in response to identified risks.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the TBC internal controls in addressing risk and accomplishing the organizational goals and objectives.
· Provide training and technical support to management and employees regarding risk management strategies and programs.
Management and Support of Fraud Investigations:
· Lead the investigations required from allegations according to TBC policies and procedures.
· Record and report on the status of all investigations to the senior management team
· Develop, update, and keep log and record of case investigation including reports.
· Keep abreast with latest trends in internal controls, investigations, and compliance.
Grants Compliance Management:
· Ensure that programmes and support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and TBC procedures.
· Maintain an understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures.
Support/Enable Embedding of Effective Fraud Management Culture:
· Deliver training materials to enable decision makers, TBC staff, partner organisations and key beneficiaries to understand their accountabilities and responsibilities with respect to fraud prevention, detection and reporting.
· Support all areas of TBC in managing fraud-related issues.
· Support TBC senior management to embed fraud awareness and a culture of zero tolerance.
· Provide support and advice to TBC staff regarding fraud management and prevention.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree required in business, accounting, law or related field
· Minimum 5 - 8 years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in investigative role, ethics, compliance, or internal audit; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· CFE, CCEP, CPA, or CIA certification is strongly desired.
· Experience leading investigations of complex fraud, collusion and procurement fraud in government programs, NGO programs or the equivalent
· Experience working with US government funding or grant supported organisation a plus
· Experience in providing training and workshops on fraud and compliance
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Fraud Investigation Principles and Techniques, including Procurement Fraud, Bribery, Collusion and Corruption
· Excellent investigative ability with proven track record
· Experience with computer and accounting forensic specialists (having such expertise a plus)
· Ability to offer practical solutions to management to help resolve incidents
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work successfully with internal functional units and operations
· Perseverance, resilience and tenacity
· Ability to work well within a team environment and adhere to reporting structures
· Demonstrated experience and a successful track record working with minimal supervision and with flexibility
· Strong communications – Written and Oral English
· Excellent writing and report drafting skills
· Thai language an asset
Application Closing Date : 19th February 2021
Expected Start Date : Within April 2021
How to apply:
How to Apply:
· Please submit a current CV/resume including 2 references and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job