Finance Assistant (x2)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Pacific Community (SPC) invites applications for the positions of Finance Assistant (x2) in the Operations and Management Directorate, located at its regional office in Suva, Fiji.
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides organisational governance and support to SPC divisions and programmes in areas including administration, finance, human resources, ICT and knowledge management.
The role – Finance Assistant will provide operational support to the Finance Section of OMD in the following areas: payments of local and foreign transfers, vendor management and reconciliation, advances and acquittals, financial processing, and other functions as required.
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
· Process payments
· Vendor reconciliation and customer invoicing
· Advances and acquittals
· Financial processing
· General office activities
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
· Diploma in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.**
Knowledge and experience
· At least 3 years’ experience in finance work
· Have sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Windows computing environment, and accounting software
· Have good working relationship with other team members
· Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
· Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 1 March 2024
Remuneration – This is a full-time Band 6 position in SPC’s 2020 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 1,846-2,308 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles - SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
How to apply:
Closing Date – 1 February 2021
Applicants must apply online at: http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for this role, you must provide us with:
· an updated resume
· a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
· responses to all screening questions
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. These documents may be requested at a later stage.
Please ensure that you respond to all of the screening questions. If you do not respond to the screening questions, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage.**
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
1) Describe your experience working with a computerized accounting system – what module did you use?
2) Have you managed advances and acquittals? If yes, please describe the process.
3) Describe your experience in data processing and managing vendor and receivables. How do you ensure accurate processing of data?
Apply to Job