Finance & Admin Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Windle International Somalia/Somaliland (WIS) is an International Non-Governmental organization with oversight support and coordination by Windle International Kenya. WIS was founded with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. Windle International Somalia/Somaliland in partnership with UNHCR plans to implement the tertiary scholarship programme (DAFI) throughout Somalia and Somaliland.
The overarching project goal is to support access to tertiary education for refugees, asylum seekers and refugee returnee students throughout Somalia and Somaliland. WIS envisages the following key outcomes:
- Improved and expanded access to university education for young women and men through the establishment of formal partnerships with tertiary education institutions in Somalia and beyond.
- Monitoring of performance, and offer remedial support, counseling and mentoring.
WIS is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Finance & Admin Officer based in Kismaiyo.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Finance and Admin Officer (FAO) is responsible for provision of support services and the full spectrum of financial management, accounting and administrative duties. The FAO will provide multi-faceted services in finance, administration, procurement, admin and logistics requirements. The key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring financial systems and procedures are in place and followed in accordance with internal policies
- Consolidation of accounts and preparation of financial reports
- Timely update of financial records and the general ledger and budget tracking
- Preparing payment vouchers and assist in preparation of financial reports
- Ensuring clear internal audit trails, external audit support,
- Actively involved in budgeting and development of account systems and procedures
- Safe custody of all financial data
- A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or Bachelor of Business Administration from a recognized university
- A holder of CPA (K) or ACCA
- Three years’ financial experience
- Must be a member of a professional body (ICPAK/ACCA) and of good standing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software
- Good interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity, patience, cross cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting the reference WIS/FAO/02/2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday 29th January 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Somalia selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply to Job