External Advert-Food Assistance Technical Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like saving lives, governance and peace building, education, land rights and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Job Purpose The Food Assistance Technical Manager will be responsible for overall Food Aid project management, implementation and reporting of Oxfam’s food distribution activities in South Sudan. The Food Aid Technical Manager will guide, train, direct and support Distribution Managers and project staff in implementing food assistance activities while also providing monitoring and evaluation tools to assess progress against agreed objectives.
The Food Assistance Technical Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring timely, orderly and effective food distribution to beneficiaries; for ensuring timely and accurate data collection, recording and reporting according to donor and Oxfam guidelines. The manager will be responsible for regular project reporting to the Oxfam South Sudan Country Office and to the donor, and must ensure effective coordination of project activities with the relevant Local Government departments.
Position: Food Assistance Technical Manager
Grade & Level: C Zone 2 Global
Contract Type: Fixed Term **
Number of post:
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Food Aid project management and lead on donor reports to ensure they are technically sound and timely
- Support the writing / designing of new projects in coordination with Senior EFSL Coordinator, Programme Manager and all Food Aid field personnel.
- Contribute to the design of projects technically providing field level insight, lessons learned case studies etcetera.
- Raise the profile of Oxfam as a key Food Aid stakeholder through strong implementation and solid technical capacity at grass roots level.
- Manage Distribution Managers including performance review, on-the-job training, support, encouragement, correction and stress monitoring.
- Act as Oxfam Food Aid representative to coordinate all activities at field-level with relevant Local Government leaders, INGOs and CBOs, and community stakeholders, and maintain constant coordination with EFSL Field Coordinators and Senior EFSL Coordinator in project implementation for all matters concerning Food Aid projects
- Provide technical guidance, support and capacity building to Food Aid personnel.
- Demonstrate Oxfam’s added value in Food Aid programming through strong accountability mechanisms to beneficiaries and donors in all aspects of food security and livelihoods.
- Coordinate with fellow WASH, Protection and Programme Quality technical colleagues to enhance Oxfam’s one programme approach.
- Technically monitor Food Aid programmes against, international and Oxfam minimum standards, donor commitments and deliverables
- Keep abreast of contextual challenges that may impact upon food security
- Share information in a collaborative, productive and cooperative manner with others in and outside the organisation.
Contribute to contingency and scenario planning the international debate in relief and development.**
Required Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in any discipline related to Food Security. Experiences in managing Food Aid projects could substitute for a formal qualification
- Strong initiative and assertiveness
* Contribute to a clear strategy for Food Assistance programming in collaboration with the EFSL field Coordinator, Programme Manager and Senior EFSL Coordinator
* Effectively implement and continuously revise security protocols for food distribution.
* Ensure all project activities are conducted in accordance with agreed work-plan and proposal.
* Coordinate updating and verification of beneficiary lists, sending updates to WFP as required.
*Organize training for food aid team on IASC guidelines and child protection policy ensuring beneficiary protection and rights during food aid distributions.
* Submit monthly and quarterly reports to Funding team and Senior EFSL Coordinator, including activity summary, progress against objectives, commodity distributed, beneficiary caseload data, achievements to date, issues faced, etc.
*Communicate properly and timely to the donor on project implementation matters
* Ensure coordination of all activities at field-level with relevant Local Government leaders, INGOs and CBOs, and community stakeholders, and maintain constant coordination with donor in project implementation.**
Experience in management of large scale food distributions highly preferred.
Experience with Food Aid programming, community mobilisation and protection are highly desirable
Experience in Food For Assets/Work, Cash/Vouchers for Work, Food Drop/distribution operations would be a significant advantage
How to apply:
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of applications is 22 January 2021. Interested Applicants should send soft copies of their CVs and Cover letters responding to the Required Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge to Hrsouthsudan@oxfam.org.uk.**
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values *are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of screening checks.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate security screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Apply to Job