Editing And Product Development Specialist I (Part-Time)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
EnCompass LLC is seeking an Editing and Product Development Specialist l to ensure that EnCompass communication products and technical deliverables adhere to the company’s style and quality standards. This includes support for all levels of editing, document formatting, and writing. The Editing and Product Development Specialist also helps coordinate requests for editing, formatting, and writing to ensure that EnCompass technical teams and other groups receive the services they need from the Communications Team. The position also supports the development of tools, training, and resources to build staff capacity in producing high-quality written materials.
This is a part-time position.*This position may be based anywhere in the United States and requires a commitment of at least 3 days a week. Candidates that are able to schedule work hours around project demands will be given preference.*
Due to COVID-19, and subject to situational changes, the position is expected to be fully remote through June 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Provide high-quality, audience-focused editorial services (copy editing, proofreading, and substantive editing) and document production (formatting) support for external and internal communication products (e.g., evaluation reports, studies, strategies, training material, work plans, new business proposals, blog posts, white papers, and news articles) in compliance with EnCompass’ and client’s branding and marketing standards
- Collaborate with other Communications Team members to manage incoming requests, assess individual and team workload, and prioritize tasks
- Design and deliver orientation sessions, refresher training, and other learning opportunities to raise EnCompass staff’s knowledge and skills related to editing, writing, and EnCompass’ style
- Collaborate with other members of the Communications Team to create and update EnCompass templates for reports and other materials, and orient teams on how to effectively use them
- Periodically review the EnCompass Style Guide and related tools and resources to reflect current industry trends or organizational changes; updates materials as needed; and orient staff across the company to any updates
- Contribute to team and corporate work plans, quality initiatives, and other activities that apply to the role of communications at EnCompass
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- May supervise or mentor staff
- May require occasional travel (e.g., for all-staff meetings)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum BA degree and 6 years’ experience or MA and 4 years’ experience in professional editing, writing, communications, or a related field
Experience and Skills
- Strong writing and editing skills and in-depth command of English language grammar and syntax
- Strong ability to restructure parts of language to achieve grammatical correctness, linguistic efficiency, uniformity, and seamless readability without disrupting the author’s style or intended meaning
- Exceptional thoroughness, heightened attention to detail, and commitment to consistency
- Demonstrated ability to apply the guidance in an organization-specific style guides, and differentiate between American and British English to adhere to client’s standards as needed
- Advanced skills in working with templates and formatting materials using Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and PowerPoint; working with charts in Microsoft Excel
- Flexibility, openness to change, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently with diverse team at all levels of an organization; and aptness in inclusivity and multiculturality
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred
- Familiarity with international development programs is highly desirable
- Understanding of compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or copyright law highly desirable
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback, and receive feedback from colleagues
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
How to apply:
Apply to Job