DRR Livelihoods Project Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job Title: DRR Livelihoods Project Officer
Reports to: Deputy Program Manager
Department: Program Quality
Salary Grade: 7
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Philippines was established in 1945 and is the longest-running CRS country program in the world. Currently, CRS Philippines focuses its work on agriculture, peacebuilding, emergency response, disaster risk reduction, and health. The Philippines country program has more than 150 staff with a main office in Manila and sub-offices in Davao, Catarman, and Iligan. CRS programs are implemented through a national network of partners, in close coordination with local, municipal and national government agencies. The Country Program also provides support to CRS’s work in Indonesia, Timor Leste, and the Federated States of Micronesia, and has drawn international recognition for the impact, timeliness, and innovation of its programs and approaches.
You will assist in the implementation of an Urban Disaster Risk Reduction Project focusing on earthquake preparedness and mitigation by working directly with the national government agencies, local government units, local partners, skills training institutions and community members, coordinating various project activities related to livelihoods and organize events that promotes disaster resilient livelihoods in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Proactively work with the Deputy Program Manager and partner staff to organize and lead the implementation of all assigned livelihoods activities of the project as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with the local partner to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
· Provide support in developing and updating detailed implementation plans (on a monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly basis) for the livelihoods component of the project.
· Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
· Coordinate and strengthen working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
· Perform ad-hoc support inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
· Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community livelihoods beneficiaries/representatives.
· Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Community Development, or in development, livelihoods and entrepreneur development related field.
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in project support, community development, mobilization and information management, ideally in the field of DRR, Livelihoods Development and for an NGO.
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data of livelihood beneficiaries and income monitoring.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Required Languages - English and Tagalog fluency is required.
Travel - This job will require travel 50% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
· Strong knowledge of contemporary DRR and livelihoods trends and practices. Proven strong ability to provide technical assistance and expert advice to communities, local government or partners in DRR and livelihoods and related fields.
· Excellent understanding of local NGOs and government system, with knowledge and appreciation of the vision and mission of CRS.
· Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities - None**
Internal - Programming, Administrative, Finance, Procurement
External - NGO partners, Government partners, Local Government Units, Community beneficiaries, Technical partners, Church organizations, Research and academic institutions, Financing institutions.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
Interested applicants must send their updated CV and application letter to PH_HR@crs.org. Deadline of application is on January 30, 2021.
This job vacancy is open for Filipino nationals only. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to proceed with our recruitment process.
Apply to Job