DRR Coordinator - RR&R Unit
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Disaster Risk Reduction Coordinator - Risk Reduction and Resilience in Education and Governance
The DRR Coordinator is responsible in providing technical leadership on Risk Reduction and Resilience in Education and Governance sub-thematic program and the use of information technology. The role ensures technical oversight, linking, coordination and mobilization of project key stakeholders: DepEd Central Office and sub-national offices, DILG and DSWD where the Education Safe from Disasters Project (CSS) and Alert Accountable and Ready Communities (A2RC) are being implemented.
The post holder shall be responsible in organizing and facilitating meetings, trainings, workshops, and stakeholder consultations of project partners in coordination with relevant technical and operational units of Save the Children Philippines. The post holder shall ensure the real-time project/program quality monitoring and report preparation activities.
He/She also support in the representation, resource mobilization and advocacy activities with relevant local and national stakeholders and in internal and external report preparation, communications and IEC materials development relative to the project.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in implementing and managing DRR program and strong familiarity with DepEd systems
- University degree in Education, Community Development, Social Work or Social Sciences or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and experience with globally accepted standards and practices on DRR
- Can deal with various level of stakeholders - from decision-makers to field level practitioners
- Has proven skills in program implementation and monitoring, training design and delivery, and networking and influencing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Able to articulate ideas and concepts clearly verbally and in writing
- Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Highly organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
- Can work well in highly stressful situations; able to manage multiple competing tasks to meet deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
- A team player, willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
- Understands and believes in Save the Chidren's mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children's methodology and framework
- Experience working in humanitarian context
- Experience in writing press releases and pitching to the media
- Experience working in an International NGO
Contract length: Fixed Term position until August 31, 2021 based in Quezon City and Department of Education Central Office Meralco Ave., Pasig City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: Apply Here
Apply to Job