Director of Finance and Operations
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
*Locals preferred, but open to International Assignees
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother’s determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF intends to recruit a Director of Finance and Operations, with strong United States Government (USG) Contract experience, for a forthcoming USAID-funded comprehensive HIV/TB project in Tanzania. Reporting to the Chief of Party, s/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of USG contract implementation, adherence and compliance to contractual and financial terms and conditions, and will provide operational and financial oversight and supervision for the project, including regular budget reviews and monitoring of expenditures. S/he will liaise closely with subcontractor staff and will coordinate with other key stakeholders to leverage resources and maximize project impact. The Director of Finance and Operations will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This position is contingent upon award and Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that project activities adhere to contractual terms and conditions and are in compliance with USG and USAID rules and regulations;
- Provide financial and operational oversight of project implementation;
- Review and understand compliance and financial reporting requirements of USG Contracts;
- Build the capacity of project staff in USG Contract implementation and management;
- Monitor all subcontract financial management and reporting, as well as build local capacity of subcontract staff to manage subcontracts;
- Support the development of annual work plans and contribute to reporting on technical and financial performance;
- Serve as secondary point of contact for the client.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance/accounting, or any other relevant field;
- At least 10 years’ experience managing large complex USG projects and ensuring compliance;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience providing operational oversight for USG programs;
- At least 7 years’ experience in managing subcontracts under a USG Contract;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with large-scale USG Contract compliance, financial monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience and working knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement and administration under PEPFAR funded awards;
- Knowledge of FAR and AIDAR;
- Strong team leader with extensive experience in staff management, capacity building, and building a culture of compliance amongst project staff;
- Previous direct supervisory experience of large project staff teams;
- Proven strategic, planning, and project implementation abilities;
- In depth knowledge of financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets including QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills in English.
How to apply:
Apply to Job