Detention Field Officer - PNP (For Philippines Nationals Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Detention Field Officer contributes to the organization, the implementation, the monitoring and evaluation of ICRC Detention activities. Under the supervision of the Protection Delegate and of the Detention Team Leader in Manila, the detention field officer will support the activities of the Protection Delegate in Manila. The detention field officer’s main task will be to take part in the detention activities in the Philippine National Police (PNP) police stations in and around Manila, and in other detention facilities when requested. This includes organizing and carrying out protection visits together with the protection delegate, facilitate communication between the protection delegate and the beneficiaries, developing and maintaining relations with authorities as well as other relevant government agencies, The Detention Field Officer must also be able to support detention visits carried out in places of detention under the responsibility of other detaining authorities (BUCOR, BJMP, Immigration), if required.
- Under the leadership of the detention delegate, organizes and carries out detention visits;
- Conducts data collection and analysis obtained from interviews with people deprived of liberty, concerned family members, and jail staff in order to produce reports
- Contributes to drafting and at times drafts independently report on detention visits carried out;
- Drafts Minutes of Meetings
- Supports the protection delegate in the visits to the detention facilities of his/her area of responsibility;
- Helps to monitor systemic issues nationwide (through media or other sources);
- Organizes distributions of assistance, when needed;
- Occasionally supports detention visits in other facilities (BuCor, BI, BJMP);
- Develops and maintains a network of key interlocutors within PNP and the detention system
- Contributes to the analysis of detention issues;
- University degree or relevant professional experience.
- 3 years’ experience working in a related field, detention is an asset, such as the social, political, or economic sciences.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Filipino
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel, databases)
- Comprehensive and accurate analytical skills
- High level of negotiation and social skills
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
*Qualified applicants are requested to submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 14 February 2021*.*
2) Cover letter
*Please clearly indicate in the subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Detention Field Officer – PNP (Resume & cover letter).*
Contract duration: Open-ended
Contract Start Date: As soon as possible
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is successfully filled.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
*Only short-listed candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.*
Apply to Job