Deputy Medical Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job Description Deputy Medical Coordinator
Job Title: Deputy Medical Coordinator
The position will work and support Medical Coordinator for coordinating and implementing health projects in Ukraine. The person will cover for Medical Coordinator whenever is required and given the responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support medical coordinator in the planning, development and implementation of the projects by providing operational, technical input and support
· Work closely with the medical coordinator and MEAL to undertake assessments of needs and adapt the program interventions accordingly
· Train national staff on the job for programmatic needs, compliance with protocols, guidelines and national policies as relevant to the context
· Act as focal point for medical coordinator to interact with the implementing partner, local health administration and health authorities
· Work closely with IMC and partner staff to ensure quality supervision of the health services
· Ensure regular drug consumption report from the health facilities and MMUs and inventory of the equipment provided along with the pharmacist
· Ensure appropriate medical supplies, equipment are ordered and provided to supported health facilities and MMU.
· Collaborate with pharmacist to raise timely purchase request for medicine, supplies and equipment to prevent stock outs.
· Support medical coordinator in forecasting health needs of the program and work closely with support systems to fulfill those needs timely
· Ensure IMC rules and regulations are followed in providing support for health services
· Monitor and analyze data to flag possible issues and outbreaks in areas of operations.
· Contribute to design and writing of concept notes, proposals and reports
· Assist in the set-up and induction of health staff for project area
· Work with medical coordinator to organize and lead trainings for the health projects
· Coordinate with all relevant actors and actively participate in relevant working groups or cluster meetings
· Represent IMC as and when needed in meetings with partners, MoH, donors and relevant stakeholders
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
· Any other tasks as requested by the medical coordinator or country director
Skills & Qualification
· Minimum of medical degree or a Master’s in Public Health or an equivalent degree
· Minimum 3 years' experience in managing Health programs in primary and secondary health care (maternal a health, reproductive health, communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, community health) in humanitarian sector or hospital settings.
· Experience of working with various humanitarian donors will be an advantage
· Concept notes, proposal writing and report writing experience
· Fluency in written and verbal English is essential
· Must be a Ukraine national
· Ability in use of computer and confident user of Microsoft office
How to apply:
Apply to Job