Deputy Chief of Party, Senegal MEL
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
EnCompass seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) on project planning, implementation, and evaluation support as well as support coordination with the Mission and other staff. The DCOP will likely provide both technical and managerial leadership in conducting performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline assessments, evaluation designs and methodology, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting. S/he may also support the implementation of evaluation capacity building activities, and synthesizing evaluation lessons.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production and ensure the quality of all assessments, analytical reports, evaluations, and other technical deliverables to USAID.
- Provide technical oversight of the program to ensure all activities and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness
- Update project management plans and contribute to the development of project log frames and M&E Plans for the USAID
- Design and manage collection of baseline data at the IR and TO levels.
- Design and oversee training of USAID staff and IPs in performance management concepts and processes; standardization of partner M&E Plans, work plans, and quarterly reports; and verification of partner data quality.
- Advise all IPs on the creation of aligned log frames and M&E Plans for their activities.
- Assist technical staff to review and revise the intermediate results in their results frameworks, as necessary, for more effective implementation and monitoring.
- Periodically review and discuss indicators and reporting with IPs and activity managers, and help operationalize indicators by assisting USAID technical staff with definitions, data collection, and data analysis.
- Provide technical assistance and training, as needed, for USAID, IP and government counterpart staff (to the extent they are involved in USG projects). Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in management, organizational/international development, economics, statistics, or related field strongly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in projects supporting performance monitoring, evaluation, and or data management, of which at least 2 years should have been providing management support to project teams
- Demonstrated experience in the application of relevant qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience building monitoring, evaluation and learning capacities of staff, preferably governmental staff, implementing partners, and their counterparts highly preferred
- Prior experience as a manager of teams, deputy project director, DCOP, or senior technical advisor working on complex donor-funded activities is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Framework desired.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Senegalese nationals preferred
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English required; fluency and/or familiarity with French and/or other local languages greatly valued
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application via this link:
Apply to Job