Country Programme Coordinator - Various Destinations
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Programme Coordinator – Various Destinations
Duty station: One of INTERSOS country of operations
Starting date: 12/02/2021
Contract duration: 31/12/2021
Reporting to: Head of Mission (hierarchical); Deputy Regional Director (technical)
Supervision of: Program staff
Dependents: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
The Country Programme Coordinator will be responsible to support the mission in the development, implementation and monitoring of the country programme in line with INTERSOS Country Strategy, plans and policies, and in strong coordination with the Head of mission and Deputy Regional Director. The Country Program Coordinator will support the mission in the startup of new humanitarian interventions, identification and design of new proposals in coordination with INTERSOS technical referents and under the technical supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, while ensuring regular engagement with local stakeholders and main donors at mission level.
General purpose of the position
- Play a key role in the development and definition of the Country Strategy of the mission under the supervision and coordination of the HoM
- Under the supervision of the HoM, lead the development of new concept notes and project proposals (design of the project rationale, logframe, narrative and budget in cooperation with finance department) in collaboration with technical referents and Deputy Regional Director
- Supervise, coordinate and provide quality support to INTERSOS Project Managers in the country
- Ensuring a quality implementation of INTERSOS country programme in coordination with INTERSOS Technical Referents and Deputy Regional Director
- Coordinate and supervise the timely and quality submission of reports to donors with the support of the Deputy Regional Director
- Represent INTERSOS in relevant meetings
Main responsibilities and tasks
Project implementation, reporting and quality control
- Supervise and keep up to date workplans and related financial plans of projects with the contribution of Project Managers and relevant team member, ensuring timely and quality implementation
- Guarantee the application of INTERSOS procedures and donor’s rules for reporting and implementation, in collaboration with the HoM and Deputy Regional director
- With the support of Country Finance Coordinator, supervise the management of budgets in line with donor and INTERSOS guidelines, supporting budget and program revisions when needed
- Provide a support and supervision to the Project Managers through regular field visits, meeting with the staff and the line managers, supervise the planning of the activities and programmes
- Support the Head of Mission in the set up and supervision of the projects’ MEAL plans
- In coordination with HoM and Deputy Regional Director, ensure all reports are properly drafted and submitted on time to donors
- Supervise the Project Managers, strengthening their capacities and ensuring a regular evaluation through the Internal Review Process (IRP) tools
- In line with the INTERSOS Policies and in collaboration with HR department, support the HoM in recruit, train, supervise and evaluation of the PM, including identification of capacity building gaps and implementation of related training sessions
- Together with the HoM, ensure that PMs respect INTERSOS rules and regulations and adheres to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics
Strategy Development and Fundraising
- Support the Head of Mission in the development, implementation and evaluation of the mission strategy and program, providing updated information, inputs and recommendation for new and on-going interventions in the country.
- In cooperation with the HoM, national staff and HQ departments, contribute to the design of a Country Strategy for the xxx mission, in line with INTERSOS Global Strategy
- Lead the design and drafting of potential funding opportunities and the new project proposals in coordination with Technical referents and the Deputy Regional Director.
Monitor, Evaluation and Supervision
- Provide guidance and support to Project Managers on the work planning, budgets, and spending
- Under the supervision of the HoM and with support and Deputy Regional Director, monitor the level of progress achieved by each project
- Support Project Managers in planning and monitoring the implementation of activities and achievement of results
- Provide supervision and feedback on the monthly Project Appraisal Tool (PAT), both at a technical and financial level
- Ensure high-quality donor reporting standards through the revision of reports prepared by the PMs.
- Guarantee regular update of projects IMP sections
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy
- In coordination with the HoM, establish and maintain collaborative relations with donors, project stakeholders and other organisations working in the project areas
- Together with the HoM and INTERSOS Technical referents, participate in meetings with relevant donor's program and finance officers at central or field level.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings at national and subnational level
Other objectives and duties:
- Upon request of the Head of Mission and based on needs of the mission for the effective implementation and quality of the strategy and programmes.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in humanitarian related field (international relation, social studies, IHL, IHRL)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience at similar position (proposal writing) in humanitarian context
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Experience with Clusters and different working groups
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience with donor compliance, proposal, budget design, financial management and reporting
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other relevant software (ODK, KOBO, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems
- Willingness and ability to deliver on reporting requirements related to this position – including reports drafting and review, related to gaps in resources
- Demonstrated training and coaching experience Demonstrate experience with integrated programming (health, nutrition, protection, WASH, etc.
- English and French, according to the mission
- Additional languages will be considered a plus
- Proactiveness and strong problem-solving approach
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic context and to the volume of work
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- High reactivity to unexpected demands
- Capacity to work under stress and meets the deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “**Platform issue** – SR--1768 – Country Programme Coordinator – various destinations”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Apply to Job