NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job title: Country Director **
Job type: Full time contract
Place of work (City, Governorate): Iraq (mainly in Duhok Office+ required to travel to Sinjar, Baghdad and Erbil)**
Contract period: 1 (one) year
Salary grade: E1**
Number of Jobs: 1(one) job**
Probational period: 3 (three) months **
Working hours: Sunday to Thursday from 08:30-04:30 PM
Deadline for application: 28 February 2021 at 04:30 PM **
Documents required: Cover letter and CV**
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Oversee the administration and implementation of currently funded programs, plan and prepare NCEs and budget realignments in coordination with the finance department and with project managers.
· Oversee the financial management of in-country activity, including currently funded programs, in line with YAZDA financial management policy
· Oversee program reporting, ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures, donor regulations, and local laws
· Report regularly to the executive director and board with updates of project developments and expenditures
· Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals
· Manage field assets, including equipment and materials in coordination with the logistics team.
Oversee the financial management of the NGO.
Oversee the regular updating of financial reports for donors
Lead the financial planning, cash requests, and cash flow, bank accounts management in coordination with the Finance manager
Oversee the payment of local tax, the compiling of financial reports, and annual reports, and oversee audits and auditing reports
Oversee the overall financial management of the NGO, including the allocation of expenses to overheads.
Coordinate the accounts reconciliations with HQ**
• Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified program field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with supervisors
• Maintain open lines of communications with all staff
• Maintain teamwork and ensures a productive working environment for staff members
· Empower staff members to meet organizational goals and work as a highly functioning and cooperative team. Provide training opportunities for staff capacity building.
· Review on monthly basis the allocation of funds for core staff, according to resources available.
Representation, Communications, and Visibility
• Ensure that the strategy provided by the Board is communicated with donors and reflected in the type and quality of implementation.
• Provide leadership and representation of Yazda before all external partners and Authorities
• Assist leadership in expanding country portfolio
• Assist leadership in identifying new sources of donor funding and maintain adequate donor funding levels to sustain identified program and support activities
• Assist leadership in drafting and editing proposals for funding
Perform all tasks connected to the representation of the NGO, to fundraising, to project management, to base management, and to strategic implementation.
Skills & experiences required:
· Graduate level degree in relevant field
· 10+ years’ experience in humanitarian aid settings
· Ability to manage a team of 80+
· Experience in the Middle East
· Strong knowledge of financial management
· Experience working with major grants and international donors
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send their CVs with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Country Director JV-53 “
NOTE: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of technical
NOTE: due to the urgency of the position, we might close the announcement prior to the mentioned deadline.
Apply to Job