COMMUNICATION/STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is an inter-governmental organization initiated and led by the Nile riparian countries to promote joint development, protection and management of the common Nile Basin water resources. NBI has a Shared Vision, namely: ‘to promote sustainable socioeconomic development through the equitable utilization of', and benefit from, the common Nile Basin water resources’. The NBI provides a unique forum for the countries of the Nile Basin to move toward a cooperative process to realize tangible benefits in the basin and build a solid foundation of trust and confidence. NBI has three Centres: Nile-SEC based in Entebbe, Uganda, NELSAP-CU based in Kigali, Rwanda and ENTRO based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Nile-SEC intends to hire a qualified professional for the position of Communication/Stakeholder Engagement Specialist. The job description for this position is as follows:
The key purpose of the job is to communicate and engage stakeholders on a regular basis and create awareness about NBI’s activities and buy-in of the cooperation processes. S/he shall employ his/her expertise to effectively communicate results of the basin-wide program implementation as well as benefits of Nile Cooperation to stakeholders to keep them informed, actively engaged and committed to the Nile Cooperation. In addition, collaborate with other functional units of NBI to capture, record, store and disseminate knowledge and knowledge products generated by NBI
Academic/Professional Qualification and Experience
· At least Master's Degree in Communication, Public / Media Relations, Electronic Media or a Master's degree in Education/management or business related field with a post-graduate diploma in Communication other relevant field.
· A Bachelor’s degree in communication is an added advantage
Minimum Experience Required
· At least seven years of working experience in communications and PR
· Photography, video recording and editing skills
· Good verbal communication skills (written and oral) .
· Ability to exercise good judgment; think and act strategically.
· Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills.
· Creativity in event planning, execution and management.
· Negotiation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Flexibility – ability to put in extra hours.
· Ability to use social media
The Employee will be based at NBI Secretariat in Entebbe Uganda with possible travel within or out of the Basin Countries as may be deemed necessary by the Employer.
Period of Service
This is a Regional Position with employment duration of Six years renewable annually based on satisfactory performance, availability of funds and need for the services.
How to apply:
Interested and Suitably qualified individuals are invited to visit the NBI website at www.nilebasin.org to download the full job description/TORs for the preferred position and should submit their applications electronically to the Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Application/cover letters clearly indicating the title of the position and accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae should reach the Executive Director not later than 30th January, 2021 at 2:00pm. Please attach scanned copies of your Academic & professional certificates and testimonials. Your CV should clearly indicate full contacts of Three (3) referees and two (2) former employers excluding the current employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job