Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation Lead
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As the Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Lead, you will work closely with all staff to ensure collaboration and learning for the proposed USAID/Food for Peace -funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mozambique. You will ensure the activity includes active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across interventions, and will play a critical role in incorporating refinement activities and learning into implementation. This includes but is not limited to U.S. Government, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations, and private sector investments.
Additionally, you will improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, and evidence and data utilization in support of adaptive management both within and beyond initial refinement. You will also be expected to ensure appropriate and continued coordination and joint-planning with other USAID and other donor activities (specifically the USAID food security and resilience portfolio), host-government initiatives, and private sector engagement. Given the significant number of humanitarian and development activities planned and ongoing in the targeted geographic area, USAID expects significant time and expertise to be dedicated to coordination of activities.
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; Two years of relevant experience can substitute for a master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating learning and knowledge sharing processes, in establishing and managing dynamic feedback systems to capture experiential learning and unintended consequences, and fostering collaboration across teams or organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in food security, nutrition, and livelihoods sectors.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies.
- Experience working/living in countries in Africa. Familiarity with the Mozambique context.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Portuguese.
- Office-based with mandatory and frequent travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 JAN 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job