Chief of Party (Johannesburg, South Africa)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
As Chief of Party, you will provide vision, leadership and overall management of a large-scale integrated HIV and mental health services program. Under your leadership the program will improve access, retention, and adherence to effective HIV services and decrease stigma/discrimination for PLHIV affected by mental health (MH) issues (common and complex) and decrease health care worker stress, anxiety, and burnout to increase the quality of HIV/TB services in South Africa. Your strategic leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in integrated, client-centered HIV programming. As a senior leader you will guide senior technical staff and ensure the responsiveness and quality of work, along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results. You will have authority within the project team for decisions related to technical, management, and resource allocation and personnel issues. In carrying out these responsibilities you will work in partnership with donor representatives and national and local government agencies and officials, national and community-level civil society organizations, project partners, and project staff. This position is contingent upon funding.
Required languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Education and Experience
* Advanced degree in medicine, public health, psychiatry, psychology, nursing, social work or related field required.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant management and technical experience, including at least 7 years of experience managing donor funds.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
* Technical expertise, experience and a strong network in mental health services.
* Experience in HIV care and treatment, health systems strengthening, community mobilization and engagement, and/or social norms change preferred.
* Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management.
* Track record of relationship building with government actors and health service providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Knowledge US government rules and regulations; experience with CDC and PEPFAR is preferred.
* Established leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations, etc.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply:
Apply to Job