Cash & Voucher Assistance Preparedness Delegate - Yemen
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Preparedness Delegate will work within the ICRC Yemen delegation and will be the technical lead for the design and delivery of a CVA preparedness plan of action (PoA) for the Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS). This role will guide the YRCS to be operationally ready to deliver CVA, with capabilities and systems in place so that CVA becomes a routine and predictable part of the YRCS humanitarian response.
The CVA Delegate will lead on advising YRCS to:
* Conduct a gap analysis
* Develop a CVA Preparedness plan of action
* Develop key advocacy messages in relation to CVA based on the local context and requirements
* Build organisational capacity in CVA
The outcomes of this role will enable YRCS to deliver rapid cash-based responses at-scale in a timely manner.
About the Person
* You will have significant technical and professional knowledge within the areas of cash and markets, with an emphasis on the ability to design and implement cash assistance interventions.
* You will have a solid understanding of the international humanitarian sector, with a focus on integrated programming, participatory planning, and local institution capacity building.
* You will be experienced in designing trainings, outreach strategies and materials.
* You will understand the key issues relating to delivering cash at scale and have the necessary skills to address them.
*Please see Role Profile for more information*
About the Team
The Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) is the largest humanitarian organization in Yemen with a presence in all 22 governorates. It has a network of 12,000 volunteers 4,000 volunteers of who are active and it has access to deliver auxiliary humanitarian services to all parts of the country, amidst the current conflict situation. The YRCS delivers programs in Health (health in emergency; first aid / ambulances, community health), Disaster (emergency assistance in food, non-food, shelter; livelihood; and community disaster preparedness), WASH (emergency and community WASH) and RFL.
The ICRC has been working in Yemen since the civil war in 1962. It responds to the humanitarian consequences of armed conflicts and other situations of violence in the country by: helping secure the water supply; providing medical assistance, emergency relief and livelihood support to those in need; monitoring the treatment and living conditions of people held in relation to the situation; and enabling detainees and civilians, including migrants, to restore contact with their relatives, including those abroad. The ICRC promotes respect for humanitarian principles and IHL, primarily among weapon bearers. The ICRC works with the Yemen Red Crescent Society.
The British Red Cross (BRC) is a UK-based charity that supports people in crisis in the UK and globally. As a member of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, BRC provides financial and human resources support to sister RCRC Societies around the world, to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and to the ICRC.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on 7 February 2021.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
* Accommodation while on deployment
* Subsistence allowances while overseas
* Travel to and from the country of posting, plus long service flights
* Comprehensive insurance, including medical, personal effects and life insurance
* Pre and post assignment medicals and access to excellent health and wellbeing benefits
* Access to a pension, which you can join at any time during your contract
* Generous leave entitlement (36 days incl. public holidays)
How to apply:
Apply to Job