Budget Assistant, Mosul Project
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Short Term Appointment
Location: ICCROM – Rome, Italy
ICCROM is an intergovernmental organization working in service to its Member States to promote the conservation of all forms of cultural heritage, in every region of the world. Those working on the front lines of heritage preservation, including architects, engineers, archaeologists, scientists, conservators, museum curators, site managers, librarians, archivists, historians, and researchers rely on ICCROM for its world-class initiatives in conservation training, information, research, cooperation and advocacy.
Overview of the Functions of the Post
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Accounting Assistant and the oversight of the UNESCO/Mosul Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for a range of services. Main duties include:
- Work closely with staff involved in the UNESCO/Mosul Project to ensure that they receive support and assistance in carrying out their duties to support the delivery of the Project;
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances in collaboration with ICCROM’s accounting office;
- Assists in the preparation of financial budgets and reports for the UNESCO/Mosul project, based on the official financial management guidelines of ICCROM;
- Provide secretarial, administrative and operational support services, prioritizing activities to ensure that the team can operate efficiently;
- Process actions related to organization of travel of staff, and resource people, as required;
- Process payments and contracts as required in line with ICCROM Operating Procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the staff member’s background and experience and the needs of the Organization.
Minimum required: Relevant University Degree.
Requirements /Skills/ Competencies
- Clerical, secretarial and administrative experience;
- Experience with accounts
- Strong financial acumen and attention to detail;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to working with a variety of staff and stakeholders;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a team of people
from different national and cultural backgrounds working in a multidisciplinary
- Ability to work in a team, dynamic approach, robust motivation and very strong result orientation;
- Ability to work well under limited supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet short deadlines;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of range of software packages, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
English and French are the working languages of ICCROM. For this post, fluency in oral and
written English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable.**
ICCROM is a small organization, when defined in numbers of staff, with a very large remit. All of our people need to ensure that they demonstrate the required behaviours in order that we can deliver on our mission. These behaviours underpin everything we do, both internally and when working with stakeholders.
We are an ambitious organization and know that we can only achieve that ambition through pulling together and using the behaviours that will allow us to optimize our contribution. These are important to all of our roles and are essential for everyone.
We engage in honest, respectful, two-way communication. We actively listen and seek opportunities to share and engage with colleagues and stakeholders. We consider the best way to share information and willingly engage in discussion with others. We are open, honest and transparent and give and receive clarity.
Collaboration and teamwork
We show respect to every colleague and value their expertise, contribution and perspective. We trust each other to be the best they can be and give help and support when it’s needed. We willingly share resources, ideas and effort. We actively engage with others and help them to be the best they can be and create win-win solutions.
We remain optimistic about what we do and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude. We look for solutions and are proactive in driving performance. We take responsibility for planning, managing risks and getting things done through being helpful and flexible in our approach. We look to build on team strengths and are always willing to step in when additional support is needed.
A learning organization
We take opportunities to learn, to share learning and to encourage colleagues to do the same. We try new things and experiment in order to help ICCROM work successfully with others. We look at things from different perspectives; seeking alternative views and finding ways to become even better at what we do.
The post carries a salary comparable to the United Nations’ personnel system level GS02. The salary and the allowances are net of taxes but subject to various deductions such as the employee’s portion for medical insurance and contribution to the United Nations Pension Fund.
The contract will be for two years with six month as probationary period.
How to apply:
Send completed applications in English, not later than 15 February 2021, to: email@example.com
Please state the position title in the subject, and include the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV in English with a personal photo
- Complete Personal History Form (P11)
Applications missing any of the above elements will not be considered. This position may be subject
to a written test.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job